desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Every move I make, I make in You

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Every move I make, I make in You

When I was still in highschool, I love to see people my age who are so good at dancing. Every summer, the youth in the church where we used to attend would always stage a concert to raise funds for summer camp. Unfortunately, I wasn't involved in that youth group. So I would just be contented to watch them as they perform for the Lord and for the congregation. Everytime I'd see them dance, I would always imagine myself as one of them...making the same moves, enjoying the rhythm and the music, but most of all praising God through dancing. But then I said to myself, that dream would just always remain a dream.

I was wrong. It was never too late for that dream of mine to be realized. Of course, I'm not that old to dance! (hehehe..) Last December, we celebrated our Church's anniversary and Christmas party at the same time. The young people in our church (that includes me!), were assigned to give a special number. We had so many different ideas about what presentation to make. At the end of the day, we decided to present a modern dance. Woaah! I was both excited and doubtful at the same time. Deep inside me, I really wanted to dance but I was not that confident about myself.

Friday night, my friend from church texted me and said that I should meet the choreographer the next day because he's gonna be teaching me the dance steps. Then, I would be the one to teach the steps to the rest of the group. "What?!", I asked her, "Why me?" She said that I don't have a choice because the others had set prior activities and would conflict with the schedule set by the choreographer. He would only be available for a day. Well, in that case I thought I really didn't have much choice.

The next day, I had to muster so much courage as I go and meet the choreographer. Good enough, my other friend showed up! At least, I won't be blamed alone if I forget some of the dance steps. (hehehe..) Then the practice started. I was nervous and excited at the same time. But as we go along, I found myself enjoying every step being taught to us. It wasn't that hard after all! Thank God, we were able to learn all the dance steps before the day ended. To cut the long story short, we were able to teach the dance steps successfully to the rest of the group. And after so much practice, we finally perfected it!

Then came the most awaited day. With our costumes on, we looked like a real dance group! (yeah, right!) While waiting at the back stage, even if we were all so nervous, we held hands as a group and just asked God to help us do our best because we just wanted to give Him our best! We felt better after that. Just in time, the emcee signaled our cue to enter. "This is it!", we all told ourselves.

The music (Gary V.'s - Sa Yahweh ang sayaw!) started... The lights that we rented started rolling and flickering... Nice effect! Then we gave our all as we dance! The people started clapping and shouting in support of us... I saw my Sunday School students all in front and shouting "Ang galing ni teacher!". Wow! I can't explain how I felt at that time. I know we all did our best. Yes, we might have missed some steps (thanks to the flickering lights, they weren't so obvious!) but the most important thing is that we gladly made every move for our One True Audience - God.


Sa Yahweh ang Sayaw!


We were all catching our breath after that fast-paced, breathtaking dance number. But it was so touching to hear almost everybody appreciated our presentation. There were also a lot of our churchmates who approached me and they all said the same thing, "I never thought you could dance that well!". I was blushing the whole time and I just responded, "Thank you, God gets the glory!"

I still couldn't believe I have this talent. I realized that God has placed this desire in my heart to dance, and indeed, He's also the One who made a way for me to achieve it. There's really no greater glory and honor than to offer this talent for my Creator and King! What a great privilege!

I know that is only the beginning. More dancing to come! Hopefully, I'd be the one to choreograph next time. Good test to see if I really learned something from my dance lessons. (hehehe...) Just 3 more sessions to go! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home