desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Good bye, class

Monday, March 21, 2005

Good bye, class

Today is the last day of our Bible Class for this school year but in my case, it would be the last day of class, ever, with my Grade 6 students. It's sad because I wouldn't be able to see them again next school year.

When I entered the class room this morning, I gave them my sweetest smile just like what I used to do every meeting. But this time, I had this feeling of sadness within me. I was given by their adviser only a few minutes to give my final message. She said it's because they are busy completing the requirements before graduation comes.

As I was standing in front, I found it a little difficult to speak. I was really doing my best to hold back my tears. I forced myself to be happy and lively as I give them my parting words. I saw in my students' eyes that they, too, were sad. Some can't even look at me directly, maybe they're holding back their tears, too.

I've prepared for them a special souvenir with my message on it. "Remember your Creator in the days of your youth... Always Shine for Jesus!" That was really what I want to tell each of them apart from all the lessons we discussed each week and hopefully they would still remember those words even if we don't see each other anymore. As each of them received the souvenir, I saw the big smiles in their faces! Their smiles were more than enough for a reward.

Before we finally parted, I prayed for the whole class. We just thanked God for the times we've been together (even for just a few months when I took over to handle their class). I also prayed that God would always be with them and guide them as they move into a new chapter in their lives. I asked God to give them His protection, knowledge, wisdom and strength to be able to do their best and excell in their studies for His glory.

God knows how much I love these kids and if I can, I would want to still be with them for as long as I can. But just what Ecclesiastes 3 says, "There is a TIME for everything". We had so much happy times together. And now, the time has come for us to go our separate ways. I will surely miss them. But I know, God will keep them in His loving care. That's enough assurance for me.

I just believe that in God's time, I shall see them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home