desc Walking in Fields of Grace: How I spent Holy Week: Black Saturday

Sunday, March 27, 2005

How I spent Holy Week: Black Saturday

I woke up a little early, 11am (hehehe..) Just as Bhing left her bed, she opened the TV. They're showing "Barbie as Rapunzel". I missed watching cartoons so I finished it before finally getting up. Ok, I admit I'm child-like (or childish? hehehe..) sometimes, but seriously I find this movie wonderful. Yes, it's the typical "prince charming-rescues-beautiful princess" story but there were actually a lot of lessons to be learned. It speaks about honesty, truth, loyalty, courage, hope, believing in one's greatness, true friendship and most of all, love. It feels good to once again hear the line, "And they lived happily ever after..." =)

Bhing and I decided to watch a movie in the afternoon, just to take some time to relax after our busy days in the office. She also said that her boyfriend would be going with us and we'd meet him at Glorietta.

After having lunch, Bhing gave me a St. Ives Hot Oil Moisturizing Treatment pack. She probably noticed that my dry hair needs it badly. I applied it after taking a shower and wow! I felt like I'm a model of a shampoo commercial afterwards. Thanks cuz, for the free hotoil!

We left the house at 1:30pm then headed to Landmark because Bhing needs to buy some clothes. We brought tickets for Ms. Congeniality 2 (Armed and Fabulous) scheduled at 5:30 pm. Her boyfriend came at around 5pm. So there, I was the official chaperone! (hehehe.. kidding!)

I was just thankful to be able to watch a movie in a theater again. I can't even remember the last movie a saw..hmm..Was it Titanic? (hehehehe! kidding!) If I remember it right, it's "The Incredibles". But still, that was already months ago.

I like Ms. Congeniality part 1 and I think I've watched it 3 times before. It's so funny and it teaches a lot of lessons, too. In the same way, I was really entertained watching Ms. Congeniality 2. Sandra Bullock did a good job once again. I can't help myself from laughing especially everytime she snorts! (hehehe..) But aside from all the fun and laughter, it leaves a lesson as well. Apart from humor (which I think is really important), it has also taught about believing in one's self, courage, trust, honesty and most of all friendship - being there for your friend in times of need, doing the best you can to help him/her, even if it would cost you your own life.

I just realized, this is what exactly Jesus did for us. He gave us His life. As John 15:13 puts it, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."



I continued reading John chapter 20 before I went to bed. I like this chapter because it speaks of Jesus' resurrection. Prayed and went to sleep early. I was just excited to wake up on an Easter morning.

Oh by the way, I forgot one important message I got from Ms. Congeniality... "World Peace!" =)