desc Walking in Fields of Grace: How I spent Holy Week: Good Friday

Saturday, March 26, 2005

How I spent Holy Week: Good Friday

I can't believe it! I spent almost 15 hours of sleep! Yup, I woke up at 12nn, Good Friday. (I really missed sleep, didn't I?) Bhing was already awake and was preparing our lunch. After fixing myself, I helped her do the chores.

After lunch, we just watched TV. Not much choice of channels, only 2 and 7, but we still enjoyed the movies they played. While watching TV, I started doing the Patient Tracking System (PTS) that Kuya Danny (my cousin who is a doctor) asked me to develop for his clinic. It's quite a simple program so it's fairly easy to code.

I decided to take a rest at 3pm. Then Bhing started the conversation. Beforehand, I know she's having some problems in her relationship with her boyfriend. But I didn't know that she's crying so badly the other night (since I slept early and I was so sound asleep, I didn't even hear her sobs). I just allowed her to pour out her feelings and I listened to everything she said. I also felt sad for her, and I wish I could do something to ease her pain.

I just realized that pain is really a part of loving and living. Even God's only Son was not spared from pain. He even had to give His own life for the one He loves, even if these people are the very same reason of His pain. As I ponder on this truth, I was once again reminded that love means giving without really expecting anything in return, but loving nonetheless.

Bhing and I still talked as we had our dinner. After fixing the dishes, I continued doing the PTS. At 11pm, I decided to prepare for bed. Before I finally went to bed, I read again the book of John, this time Chapter 19. After saying my prayers, I had some more chats with Bhing. It was already 1am when we both finally felt sleepy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home