desc Walking in Fields of Grace: How I spent Holy Week: Maundy Thursday

Friday, March 25, 2005

How I spent Holy Week: Maundy Thursday

I was awake for almost 24 hours last Wednesday until Thursday...yes, because of work. I finished creating my last SPR at 5 in the morning. Seriously, I wasn't even sure what I was writing about because my eyes were getting heavier and I was already having a double vision. Well, it could be because I forgot to wear my contact lenses (again). But no, I was just really, really, really, really sleepy! Mommy Weng and Tabel left before 6AM. As I was waiting for Angie to finish the status report to be sent to Joy, I fell asleep on my desk. It was almost 7AM when I woke up, and I was all alone in our area. Angie left already. (huhuhu...)

Due to my Aunt's request, I'd stay at my cousin's house during the Holy Week since all of them would be in the province and Bhing (my cousin) would be left alone. So there, I arrived at their house at 7:30AM. Bhing was still sleeping, good thing I had a key. I just changed my clothes and literally dropped in bed. I almost fell asleep when I remembered I have to meet Ate Lala by 10AM! I promised to help her with her Powerpoint presentation. I know I can't make it by that time so I just texted her if we could just meet at 1pm. She said ok. I set my cell phone's alarm at 11AM and immediately went to sleep. I was still feeling sleepy when my cell phone's alarm rang and I was so lazy to get up. It was almost 12nn when I got out of bed. After eating lunch, I took a bath and dress up.

I met Ate Lala and Gerent at Jollibee Pedro Gil. We started doing her Powerpoint presentation at 2:30pm. It was fun doing the presentation, though we sometimes felt sleepy because all of us lack sleep. We're finally done by 6pm. Ate Lala had to borrow my flash disk because her Powerpoint file is more than 21,000KB in size! (lots'a pictures! hehehe)

When they left, I was all alone in the house since Bhing went to work (hmmm... another martyr?) I just cooked a simple dinner while watching TV. Well, there's not much for me to watch since they have no cable and the reception in their area was bad. I can only get to see about 4 clear channels. So after cooking, I had dinner and I just turned off the TV. After washing the dishes, I sat in the sala and picked up the Bible. I decided to read John 13. It was a quiet and solemn time for me to just meditate on God's Word. I opened the computer to play some mp3's. I selected mostly Worship music by Hillsongs, but I included "Above All" by Michael W. Smith, because it's one of my favorites.

As I was listening to the song "Above All", I found myself being moved to tears...

Above all powers
Above all things
Above all nature and all created things
Above all wisdom and all the ways of man
You were here before the world began

Above all kingdoms
Above all thrones
Above all wonders the world has ever known
Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure what You're worth

Crucified
Laid behind the stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose trampled on the ground
You took the fal
lAnd thought of me
Above all

That line, "Like a rose trampled on the ground..You took the fall and thought of me..Above all" always touches my heart. It speaks of how Jesus sacrificed everything because He loves us so much. Yes, He thought of me and you as He walked His way to calvary.

Bhing finally arrived at 8pm. We just chatted a little and at 9pm, I said goodnight. I really need sleep badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home