desc Walking in Fields of Grace: My Last Day at EPhil

Saturday, April 30, 2005

My Last Day at EPhil

I opened my eyes and realized my alarm clock hasn’t rung yet. I glanced at the wall clock and it says, 6:45AM. I decided to get up anyway. As I was beginning to say my morning prayer, I felt sad…yes, it’s been a month since I submitted my resignation letter. Time flies so fast. I didn’t even notice it was already my last day at Enterworks.

As I was riding the shuttle on my way to the office, I didn’t read nor sleep just like what I usually do. I just watched the sceneries we passed by and wondered how my day would be like. I kept on asking God to remove the sadness away. It seemed my travel time was so short. I just noticed we were already at Skyway-Amorsolo exit.

I was walking so slowly from Salcedo going to the office. When I was already near the building, I told myself, “Doths, you can choose to be happy inspite of the sadness. Just enjoy and be thankful for whatever time is left.”

I got in the elevator and as I was going out, I took a deep breath and tried my best to smile when I saw Nikki. I swiped my proximity card, and realized it’s my last time to do that.

My day was basically spent to back-up my files and pack my stuff. There’s quite a lot for me to pack, hence the 4 large paper bags. But before I did that, I took a photo of my desk first, as a souvenir. =)

My Desk =)

My cute stuff, & a close up of the mini sand box I made which I already gave to Mommy Butch as souvenir

As promised, Ma’am Mimi took us out for lunch - a despedida for me and a welcome for Cookie. We all enjoyed the “eat-all-you-can” at Kamayan/Dads/Saisaki. It was also a great time for us to enjoy each others’ company with all the “chikahan”.

Lunch at Dad's

Then suddenly, the singers approached our table and asked us if we have any requested songs. One of us said, “Chocolate” and the others also agreed. Hmmm… was it the QA’s theme song? Hehehe…Obviously, we enjoyed their performace. You can see some of us moving with the music, and probably if we weren’t eating that time, we could have done a dance number!

Pasaway si Ken...hehehe!

But it didn’t end there, because they asked us for one more song. This time we can’t think of any. One of us said, “Basta yung masaya.” And then the singers began to play, a happy song it was. At first we weren’t sure what they were playing even if it was Tagalog. Ma’am Mimi was asking me for the title of the song. Then I finally figured out…it was the song from the Rejoice commercial, “Sumusunod sa galaw mo”. Just in time for the chorus part, I demonstrated to her how it’s being danced. Well, not really… just the hair-flipping part. Hehehe… We all laughed and she said, “Wow! Memorize!” But I guess they played that song for Tabel (a.k.a “The Hair”) right, Tabel? =)

It was also during our lunch that Ma’am Mimi announced about the plans of sending 2 Developers and 1 QA to Ashburn to work there for 6 months. We were surprised at this announcement. But I was all the more surprised when she said, “Dapat si Doths yun, if she would stay.” Wow…pressure!

We we’re all so full and also glad to have free dolphin souvenirs, thanks to the fruit shakes we ordered. It was already past 2pm when we left the restaurant.

When we got back to the office, Ma’am Mimi talked with me, Mommy Weng, Cynthia and Joy regarding the Ashburn trip. She asked each of us if we’re interested. Mommy Weng and Joy had their own reasons why they can’t go. Once again, Ma’am Mimi asked me if it’s something that interests me. I honestly told her that I appreciate the offer and it even sounds tempting, but I’ve already made my decision. Still, she said I still have until the end of the day to change my mind. At the back of my mind I was saying, “Oh please, don’t make this harder for me…” I was glad that Cynthia and Ken showed interest to the offer. I know they’re both good and whoever gets sent to Ashburn would really be able to do a great job there. I just know it’s not for me. Who knows? Maybe someday I’ll be sent to Paris. Hehehe…

I spent the rest of the afternoon still fixing my things. Finally, when I was done I decided to send my “thank you” email for Enteworks. I was successful not to cry while doing this, just teary-eyed. I got some touching replies from emails, YM messages and even post-it notes. Just want to thank all of you for those messages, for the well wishes and the prayers. I don’t want to say farewell, I just don’t like saying goodbyes. So, I’ll see you around, promise!

My day didn’t end there. Joy invited us for dinner as a celebration for the award she got. It was my first time to eat at Oody's and I find most of the food we ordered great as well.

Dinner at Oody's

After the dinner, they said we’d be going to Vodka Bar. Hmmm…another “first-time” for me. It’s quite early when we got there, so there were still few people inside. We occuppied a nice couch area. They ordered for me a drink called “Vodka Sour”. They’ve been wanting to see me do this for the longest time. But drinking is just really not my thing. I don’t like the smell and don’t like the taste. They promised it doesn’t smell nor taste that bad and it won’t even make me drunk. Well, I just had to be sure of that. So there, finally after four years they were successful to make me drink! I tasted a little and it tastes bitter just as I expected. (Oh no…I just hope my dad will not be to read this blog entry. Hhmm…you see, it’s hard to be a Pastor’s daughter sometimes. Hehehe…)

Shaui, Chel, Me, Mikko & Franco (at the back), Boyette, Don, Augs

We were already staying there for quite some time enjoying the music and they were wondering because it seemed my drink doesn’t get finished. I think I only had 5 or 6 sips. I just can’t finish it, I’m sorry. Fortunately, Dennis was kind enough to finish it for me. Thank you!

Just havin' fun!

When it was getting late, more people started coming inside the bar and it’s really getting crowded. They started to dance and it looked like they’re really enjoying the night. I did too as I watched them and take their pictures. I thought I could escape the dance part. I was wrong. They literally dragged me from my seat. Waaahhh! Even if I know how to dance, I just didn’t know why I can’t dance there. Sorry again, guys. Maybe I’m just not used to dancing at crowded places. I need the whole dance floor. Hehehe…

One of the boys =)

I arrived at my cousin's house at 2AM already. Thanks to Tabel, who made sure I get home safe. I was alone in the house again because my cousin needed to work overnight. Before I went to bed, I reflected on how my day went. I know it started a bit sad and low. But as the day progressed, I felt the gladness within. I realized, God really has a way of making us feel happy and He's there to lift our spirit everytime we feel sad. Reminds me of the words of a song which says, "You have turned my mourning into dancing...You have turned my sorrow into joy..."

Yes, it's the end of my stay at EPhil. But it doesn't mean the end of the friendship that I have with the people there. I will see you again... promise! Afterall, I'm just a building away. =)

1 Comments:

  • Thanks Arman, for your encouragement and for believing in me. I'll see you around! God bless! (",)

    By Blogger Doths, at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home