desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Summer Outing at Montemar Beach Club, Bataan

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Summer Outing at Montemar Beach Club, Bataan

Yes, it's Summer Outing time once again! This is one of the events I always look forward at Enterworks each year. It's really a great time to relax and get away from the stressful days in the office...to just feel the warmth of the sun, the gentle sea breeze, the fine sand, good food and enjoy the company of my friends and colleagues.

Saturday, April 16 was the big day. I had to wake up at 4AM to prepare myself and arrive on time (5:30AM) at the Manila Bay harbor (CCP) where Mt. Samat Ferry Express is located - the boat that will take us to Orion, Bataan. I took a cab from Pedro Gil because my bag is quite heavy and besides it's still quite dark. Good enough, I arrived at the port at around 5:30AM and some of my officemates were already there.



Mt. Samat Express

Believe it or not, it was my first time to ride in a ferry boat! I thought it would be scary and would make me feel dizzy. I immediately looked for a life jacket as soon as I got a seat. (really scared, huh! heheh..) Good enough, I found out it was just under my seat. Contrary to what I expected, the boat ride was so smooth though there were couple of times that I actually felt the waves. But it was even an enjoyable experience, as though I'm riding a roller coaster. (cool!)

I wasn't able to see much of the sights from where I was seated. I was hoping to see some jumping dolphins and fast swimming sharks. Hehe.. kidding! I love the dolphins, never mind the sharks! Oh well, good enough there were televisions around the boat. Somehow I enjoyed watching, but then I still felt sleepy. I was able to take a nap, and in no time I just noticed we were already at Orion, Bataan. Yipeee! Just as it was the first time for me to ride a ferry boat, it was also my first time to be in Bataan. Hmmm...Maybe I should kiss the ground then! (hehehe!) I just can't wait to see the resort!

Two buses were waiting to take us to Montemar Beach Club. I got the chance to marvel at the beauty of the mountains and the rice fields as well as the other great sights as we travel. I always love it when I feel so close to nature. Had a chat with Joe (who happened to be my seatmate in the bus) about things in the office. The woman sitting on the other side started to talk to me. I found out she was doing an occular inspection for their company. They also plan to go to Montemar for their summer outing. We too, had a nice chat and she even gave me her calling card when we parted.



A Glorious Mountain

In less than an hour, we were already entering Montemar. A nice area was reserved for us fronting the pool. The kids who were with us seem to want to jump immediately and take a splash! Ok I admit, maybe not just the kids. hehehe..=)


The area reserved for Enterworks


Me, Rene and Tabel, upon arrival at the resort =)

Cj, David, Mike, Arman and Julius


Ruthie, Dax, Mikee, Cherry and Ms. Miget

After settling our things, I went with Shaui and Kendz to take a look at the beach. We saw some of the guys already playing basketball. As we walked past the basketball court, We were welcomed by the fine sand. I was amazed at the vastness of the beach area. There were many other companies that day but still it doesn't feel crowded. That for me is a good thing. As we were nearing the shore, I could already see the clear blue waters. Shaui and Kendz already wanted to go for a swim, but then we realized we still had to change our clothes. And besides, the morning snack was already being served. Yehey! It's chow time.

We went back to our area and had spaghetti, bread and softdrinks for merienda. We changed to our swim clothes immediately after eating (hmm..not really that excited, huh!=P) Without wasting any more precious time, Shaui, Kendz, Nikki and I headed to the beach at last! Tony saw us coming and took some pictures before we finally immersed into the waters. Actually, the cameras just never stopped clicking to capture every moment of that beautiful day.


Me and Shaui


Shaui, Kendz, Meeh and the ever project, Nikki! =)

The water felt cold and so refreshing especially on a hot summer day. I had great fun moments with almost everyone. Mang Rudy was kind enough to even teach us to swim. I tried to be a good student, but I guess a day was just not enough for me to learn. Maybe I need to hire Mang Rudy as my personal swimming instructor (hehehe!) Ate Ning and I had a swimming race, even if we both didn't know how to swim (how we looked? that I leave to your imagination.)



Enjoying the cool, refreshing water! =)


But even if I can't really go somewhere deeper, I still had a wonderful time being with my friends and colleagues (who can't go to the deep parts as well.. kidding!) But seriously, it was a nice time to chat with almost everyone especially those that I haven't really talked to often, like Cj, Mike and David. I borrowed goggles from Mommy Weng and I had the chance to see some fish. Though they were not as colorful as those we have seen at Eagle Point last year, Juwan (Mommy Weng's eldest son) and I enjoyed snorkling. We even tried to catch some of the fish with our bare hands. Expectedly, we were not successful and so we just got contented watching them. Tabel and Jin had so much fun burying Franco in the sand. Maybe the kid thought of him as a monster (hehehe...peace Franco!)


Posing in the sand

Group picture in the sand


We expected to take our lunch at exactly 12nn, but unfortunately lunch wasn't served yet. So some of us just took a swim at the pool while waiting. Others had a great time singing (thanks to the videoke!) Kendz and I went to the kid's playground. Oh...it looks like we missed our childhood days badly and so we tried to reminisce as we played at the see-saw and swing. (aaaww..) Finally, lunch was served. We had a sumptuous lunch since most of our stomachs were already growling. Nice lunch!


Enjoying our lunch


Lala, Augs, Chel, Jojo, Raz and Don


Jay, Kendz, Leo, Randall & his wife, Shaui & Nikki

It was a free time for everyone after lunch. Some slept, jammed, took a swim in the pool, tried the hanging bridge (I regret that I wasn't able to try this one. huhuh..), took pictures around the resort, played "mahjong", etc. It was announced that there will be game activities scheduled at 2pm, such as tug-of-war, beach volleyball and relays. So we went to the beach area at 2pm. Unfortunately, the sand was so hot and we found it impossible to play beach volleyball and relay. But we pushed through with the tug-of-war. We just played it near the waters where the sand is not that hot.

The Hanging Bridge



Mahjong time!


And so, we were divided into 2 teams. Best of three. There! another entry in my "first-time" list, it was the first time I ever played tug-of-war. Our team work and strategy was great, and so we won in the first round. Hurray! But admittedly, my hands hurt a little after that round. During the second round, the referee told our group to give up one member to match the count of the other group. I decided to be the one to leave. Unfortunately, our team lost the next two rounds. Some of my group mates were teasing me saying, "Si Doths kase umalis eh". It got me thinking, was I really the lucky charm?! (hehehe... feeling!) We just had to accept our fate.


Our team exerting every effort to win!


The other team matching our strength!

When it was almost 3pm, Ms. Miget, Ate Ning and I decided to go back to our area since it was announced that the bus will leave at 4pm. But there were still others left in the beach, and even in the pool. Everyone was really trying to make the most of their time and so the fun just continued. I was able to see the other areas of the resort while having a nice chat with Arman. I saw the pool on the other side looks more inviting. But I guess it's exclusive for overnight guests. We had our afternoon merienda at around 3:30. Pancit and bread were served. I had to eat quick since I still need to take a shower. Luckily, I was just in time for boarding the bus.


Nice view =)

The other pool


While walking towards the bus, I took one last look around the beautiful resort. If only I could, I'd really wish that time would just stop and allow all of us to stay longer in that beautiful place. There's just so many things to do and to see, in so little time. But still, I'm grateful for being given the chance to be there with my Enterworks Family.


Leaving Bataan...

As I was seated in the bus and looking at the sceneries we passed by, I smiled and just thanked God for the wonderful day that we all had. I can't hide my sadness, though. Knowing that it's gonna be my last summer outing with them as an official employee. But then I thought, "Why should I be sad? I can still join them next year...as a guest!" Somehow that made me feel a little better. At 5pm, we were already at the port. The ferry ride was smooth just like the one we had in the morning. An hour passed, and were back in Manila.

It was quite a tiring, but a wonderful, fun-filled day for me. I felt so blessed. Indeed, it was a day that I shall never forget...

1 Comments:

  • Doths! Hello! Naligaw lang ako sa blog mo. nag-resign ka na rin pala? :) good luck sa new job mo! Alumni ka na rin...hihi.

    Well, sabi nila it's never goodbye, it's till we meet again.

    Good luck! --sym

    By Blogger xieurx, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home