desc Walking in Fields of Grace: A Fun-filled Saturday

Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Fun-filled Saturday

We woke up as early as 5:30AM on a Saturday morning, thankful to be welcomed by the fine weather and clear skies. My parents, my aunt, my cousins and I prepared ourselves as well as the things that we need to bring for our outing. Unfortunately, my sister can't come with us (tsk, tsk..). After everything's set, we boarded the jeep that we hired and left our house at around 7AM.

It was just a 40-minute ride going to the resort. We arrived at Volets Resort in DasmariƱas, Cavite before 8AM. It was still closed. (hehehe...) But there were already others who were waiting outside the main entrance. It opened at exactly 8AM.

It's good that we were one of the first few who arrived that's why we're able to get a good place. We chose the table located at the second floor with a good view of the pools. After fixing our things and changing to our swim clothes, my aunt, cousins and I took some pictures around the resort first. While papa and mama volunteered to grill the fishes we brought for lunch.

Auntie Linda, Jhing, Me & Bhing


At the Resort's Entrance


Papa & Mama (how sweet! heheh...)

My cousins were all so excited to swim and so without wasting any more time, we tried the big pool near our place. Good enough for me, it's only upto 5 ft. deep 'cause I don't think I can go deeper than that (hehehe...) The water feels so relaxing since it's neither cold nor hot. The temperature is just enough to give a soothing feeling. Papa was kind enough to teach us to swim. Somehow, I think we learned something. We also had fun just splashing water at one another. (hehehe...)

Swimming at the big pool

After swimming for some time, I asked my dad and my cousin, "buboy" if they wanted to try the slides. I was actually surprised at myself for asking this because for one, I'm quite afraid of heights and second, I haven't tried slides before. But guess what? They agreed and so we all took the stairs going to the second highest slide with more curves. Before I knew it, we were already in the line. Since I was still feeling nervous, I asked my cousin to go first. He went well and it seemed that it's not that scary. So I decided to go next. I was right! It wasn't scary afterall. In fact, I enjoyed it and so I decided to try it one more time...well, actually I tried it 3 times. (hehehe...) I was just glad that I was able to face my fear and overcome it. Same thing in life, sometimes we just have to face our fears and eventually we'll realize they're not that scary after all.

The Green slide

Then it was lunch time. We had a wonderful lunch together and after that, we took a rest for a while. I decided to take a walk around the resort and took some pictures as well. When I went up a stair, I saw another big pool there. But it was not just an ordinary pool because it has artificial waves! Really cool! So I went back to our place and called my cousins. We all tried that pool and we surely had fun with the splashing waves. Some waves were quite high and we could hear almost everybody in unison with an "ahhhh!" or "whooow!". hehehe... My cousins and I really enjoyed the waves.

Splashing with the waves


The pool with artificial waves

At the other end of this same pool was a man-made falls. It was also a nice view and I could see some people just allowing themselves to bathe under these falls. Of course, we tried it too and even took some pictures there. We all loved the soothing effect of the waters because as they fell on our backs with a slight pressure, it feels like we're having a relaxing back massage. Really, really cool!

At the Waterfalls

More eating, swimming and fun we had for the rest of the afternoon. And just to add to my wins for the day, I also braved the highest slide! Though still feeling quite nervous, I just did it and found it more enjoyable than the first one. I tried it twice but actually I wanted to go for some more if only the line was not that long. Well, maybe next time.

View from the top


The Red slide

My aunt and my cousin Jing will be going back to the province (Kalibo, Aklan) this week. My aunt told us that it's our turn to visit them in the province next year and we'll have our outing in Boracay. Wow! Can't wait!

Got to pack our stuff and get ready to leave by 3PM since my dad still had to pass by the church at 5. But before we left the resort, we had our group picture taken. We surely enjoyed our day and we all had a wonderful time together as a family. What a great blessing!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home