desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Dad's Day Celebration Continues...

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Dad's Day Celebration Continues...

When I woke up, I remembered to greet God, "Happy Father's Day", too. My dad and my sister left early for the 7:30AM service since my dad is scheduled to preach. My mom and I followed at the 10:00AM service. So I greeted my dad in Church.

We also prepared something for the fathers. We asked all the fathers to come in front. Then my friend, Angeline, shared about her experience with her dad while she was growing up. She shared how she became rebellious at some point in her life but still felt how his dad loved and cared for her inspite of everything. Her story brought tears to our eyes. She expressed how grateful she is to her dad that if not for his unconditional love, she wouldn't be where she is right now, faithfully serving the Lord.

After Angeline's touching story, my sister rendered a song for the fathers. She sang "I won't last a day without you." I could see how the fathers were touched as well. I also saw my dad wiping tears from his eyes. After Elaine's song, Angeline prayed for all the fathers. It was really a beautiful sight to see. I believe God has heard our prayers as we ask Him to take care of our dads and guide them as they lead our families.

After the successful service, we had lunch together with our friends from Church. We had a great time sharing stories and as usual, my friends from the Music Ministry just couldn't run out of "kakulitan". I couldn't seem to chew my food well as I was laughing the whole time. hehehe...

It was meeting time with the Sunday School teachers after lunch. It was just a short meeting and then Elaine and I had headed to Manila afterwards. We had to attend the rehearsals for my friend's wedding on Sunday.

Hmm... It was a kinda hectic day for me but I surely enjoyed every part of it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home