desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Missed Monday Bean and 2 days of work

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Missed Monday Bean and 2 days of work

Monday morning, I already had this slight headache. But I still managed to reach the office at around 7am for our guitar lessons with Sherwin. Unfortunately, Anet can’t make it and Beng texted me to say that she’ll be a little late. I waited for Beng and then we went to Enterworks to meet Sherwin. Our second session went well, in fact it becomes even more interesting as we’re already starting to learn some chords.

When I got back in the office, I continued working on the test scenarios for the project I was assigned to. I still had a headache, though. I wonder if it’s because I forgot to wear my contact lenses. But I think it’s because I had colds (which is always accompanied by cough, by the way. huhuhu…) again. I just recovered from it a couple of weeks ago but then, my 3 team mates all had it last week. So I guess I got this from them. Thank you guys! See, we’re still a team…in sickness and in health (hahah!)

I joined Tabel, Rene and Ken during lunch at the Enterworks pantry. Badminton was the topic of our conversation the whole time. Chay, Boyette, Joe and Ms. Miget also joined us during lunch. Mang Rudy saw me and he said it’s as if I did not resign because he sees me almost everyday. He was teasing me and said it must be because I miss him. I told him, of course I miss him especially his iced tea. Hehehe…

In the afternoon, I was starting to feel cold even if I was already wearing a long-sleeved shirt and a jacket. My headache was becoming worse, too. I felt like I already had a slight fever. At around 6pm, I sent a message to Chay to inform her that I can’t attend our cell group because I was not feeling well. She said it’s okay and promised that they will pray for me. Though she said she really wished I could come because Jhie will be attending the cell. Oh my…It’s been quite a while since I last saw Jhie in our cell group and I also wish I could see her. But I really don’t think I could make it with all the headache and chilling. (sighs…)

I just finished my tasks for the day and left the office at around 7pm. I slept in the shuttle the whole time on my way home. When I got home, I told my mom I was not feeling well. I just changed my clothes and dropped on my bed. My dad went inside my room to check on me. He said I had a high fever. He brought me noodles for dinner and told me to take paracetamol after eating. After dinner, my mom brought me a basin filled with cold water and a towel. I was already asleep by 10:00pm.

I felt a little better when I woke up Tuesday morning. But my mom told me not to go to work anymore since I still have a slight fever. So I texted my team lead to inform him that I am sick and will not be able to come to work. He said it’s okay and told me to take a rest. My mom also told me to just stay in my room and rest.

Since I don’t want to sleep anymore, I just spent my time reading and watching some movies. I read a couple of chapters from the book Chay lent me and the book Mommy Weng gave me. Then I decided to watch something that’s quite entertaining. So I watched again, the “Wedding Singer” and “13 going on 30”.

My mom probably heard me laughing alone. Hehehe… But I still get teary-eyed during some of the scenes even if I’ve already seen them before. In the “Wedding Singer”, I love the scene wherein the old lady sang “’til there was you” for her husband during their 50th wedding anniversary. And of course, how can I forget that scene in the airplane when Adam Sandler sang “Grow old with you” (really sweet…). That “thriller” dance by Jenna (Jennifer Garner) in “13 going on 30” still make me laugh but makes me want to dance as well. Hehehe! I also like the scene wherein she presented a new concept for their magazine. And I still cried during the scene where Jenna talked to Matt on the day of his wedding and told each other about their feelings. And oh, I love the doll house, too. I did enjoy watching those movies again and it’s just great that they have happy endings. =)

In the afternoon, I slept for a couple of hours. When I woke up, my mom gave me merienda. Don’t you just love it when you’re being taken cared of? Feels like a child again. Hehehe… I think the fever just left me somehow and I was feeling so much better already. I remembered I downloaded our cell group pictures that Stefan posted in our Yahoo groups. I spent the rest of the afternoon compiling and editing them in Photoshop. I guess I was having a withdrawal for not being able to attend cell last Monday that’s why I came up with these pictures. Hehehe…

>
Monday Night Cell group meetings at Coffee Bean


The Girls at Monday Bean


The Guys at Monday Bean


I really feel so blessed for being a part of this cell group. I’ve known most of them just recently but I felt their genuine concern and God’s love just pouring out in our every discussion and conversation. Our Monday meetings really help a lot to “re-charge” me as I face another week. Every meeting is always worthwhile as we learn more about God and His words. It’s also a wonderful time to just bless and encourage one another as we share our experiences in our walk with the Lord and even as we pray for each other’s concerns. Our meetings are supposed to last for an hour only but we usually lost track of the time especially when we had so much fun just talking and sharing a lot of things. Sometimes I get home at 10pm already. Hehehe…

Wednesday morning, I insisted that I can already go to work but my parents didn’t allow me. They said I still need one more day to rest just to be sure. So there, I was feeling kinda bored already and a little worried too because of the unfinished tasks I left at work.

But I thank God I’m okay now and I'm back to work. Maybe that’s just His way to tell me to slow down a bit. I guess I became pre-occuppied with a lot of things lately. Yes, I’ve got to take things easy and never forget to take care of myself. And just a mental note: “Don’t forget to take vitamins and most important of all, don’t get near your team mates if they are sick.” …hehehehe! (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home