desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Birthday Party at Mc Donalds

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Birthday Party at Mc Donalds

I got an invitation from my previous officemate, Dennis L. last week for the 1st birthday of his son. Good thing, it will be held at Mc Donalds Festival Mall, Alabang. I promised him I’ll be coming, anyway the venue is quite near, just a 15-minute shuttle ride from our place.

I left the house at around 11:30 this morning even if the party is supposed to start at 1:30pm. I haven’t bought a gift yet so I decided to go to Festival Mall earlier. Unfortunately, it took some time before the shuttle left. So it was already 12:30 pm when I arrived at the mall.

I think I entered every kid’s store on the 3rd floor looking for a nice gift. But it seems I can’t find one. Well, I think I just find it easier to buy a gift for a girl (hehehe…). As I was glancing at the store windows, I happened to see Rafael, my classmate in highschool. I was surprised when he called my name. I think it’s been a decade since I last saw him. We didn’t have much time to chat since I was in a hurry. But I’m glad to see him again, and to see him truly happy. By the way, he’s with his girlfriend. Too bad, I forgot her name (Sorry, I’m really worse at remembering names….*sigh*). But she looks so kind and pretty, too. I wished them well as I bid goodbye.

Well just to cut my story short, after an hour of searching I finally spotted a nice Mickey Mouse toy. I hurried down the hall ways and escalators on my way to Mc Donalds. When I arrived there, I looked around and it seems I can’t see any familiar face. Dennis noticed me and ushered me to occupy a table. Tabel arrived in a few minutes. It took a while before Angie, Joel (her husband) and their little Gelo to arrive. Gelo was not in a good mood that time because he wanted to play at Pixie Forest. Fortunately, he stopped crying and just settled for the Playplace at the meantime. Joey and the ever adorable Nathan (his son) arrived shortly. Joey’s wife, Bess came as we were having our meal.

The little birthday boy, John Matthew (I like his name (“,) - a.k.a “Jhom”) doesn’t seem to be aware what’s going on yet. But I think he’s surely enjoying his party as the rest of the kids were also enjoying the games. Even their parents had fun. I also had fun watching all of them. They reminded me of my students in Sunday School. I miss teaching already becauseI haven’t been assigned to teach again since last March.

The party ended at almost 4 pm, with a short "thank you" speech from none other than the proud and handsome dad himself (You have to pay me for this, Dennis. hehehe...). It was great to be in a kid’s birthday party once again and to just feel like one of them again.

I went straight to church even if I was already late for the Music Ministry practice. Good thing, I was still able to practice my part. As we’re about to go home at around 7:30 pm, Angeline handed me a Hillsongs CD, entitled "Shout God's Fame" (Hillsong London). I was so happy to have a copy it because I really wanted to get one. I like most of the songs in it even during the first time I heard the album. Angeline told me to study the songs from it since we will be including some of those for our future line-ups. I’d definitely love that! (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home