desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Every good and perfect gift

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Every good and perfect gift

I welcomed the morning earlier than usual. I was still feeling sleepy at 5 am but I know I had to get up already since I have a back-up singing schedule for our 7:30 am service. Our call time is at 6:30 am, just to have a final run through of the songs.

I arrived in Church at around that time only to find out that I was the only one there. Hmm…I was wondering where they are. Apparently, they were late. (hehe…) Finally, one by one, they arrived after a few minutes and we’re still able to practice.

It was a wonderful service. I learned a lot from Pastor Archie’s preaching. I liked how he delivered the message in a very interesting way. He entitled his message, “Real Treasures from God” from 1 Peter 4:10-11. It was actually about “gifts”. I just wanted to share some points that I learned:

  • Gift is defined as the act of bestowing something (favor/item) without expecting anything in return. (Hmm… and all the while I thought the gift is the favor or item itself. Apparently, I was wrong. It was the act.)

  • God is the giver of every good and perfect gift. (Our Salvation, all the necessities of life, our abilities to work, the Holy Spirit, and His One and Only Son – Jesus)

  • God has given us all these gifts and more but He doesn’t expect anything in return.

  • It is but natural for us to give something back to God in return.

  • But God already owns everything that we can see around us, even our very lives. So what else can we give?

  • The answer: Through serving others using the gifts and talents He has bestowed upon us. In this way, we give pleasure and glory to God.
It’s quite challenge but I pray that I could really apply this very important message in my daily life.

After lunch at home, I got a call from Carlyn asking me for help. She’s a junior high school student who’s running as Secretary in their school’s Student Council. She needs to make flyers for the campaign this week. I told her to just drop by our house and we’ll do the layout in my computer. She was so happy to hear my suggestion.

We created a simple layout and Carlyn liked the background clipart I placed as well as the quotation. It took us a while to get a quotation. Thanks to the Daily Bread on my computer table. We got something which speaks about leadership. It says, “The only leaders qualified to lead are those who have learned to follow.” Carlyn decided to use the quotation. I also think it fits her. I’ve known her to be an obedient daughter which made me think that she’ll also become a good leader. I’m sure she’ll be able to use the gifts and talents God has given her to serve her fellow students.

It was almost 4pm when we finished the flyers. We were both in a hurry because our Music Ministry group has scheduled an outdoor fellowship at Circle Island, a newly-opened resort which is very near our village. Our meeting time was at 4pm. But I got there at 5pm already. (hehehe…) I think that’s quite understandable. I have a very reasonable excuse. My sister was already there. Carlyn arrived at almost 6pm already. But that’s okay. It’s really supposed to be a night swimming anyway.

It was not really a big resort, but it’s a lovely place. I decided to walk around to take some pictures as we were waiting for the others.


I like this view =)


The pool


The pavilions


By height...hehe!


Wala lang! hehe...

It was a great time to just bond together…to have fun and laugh our hearts out. It was already quite dark when we tried the pool. But it was lighted beautifully and it looked even more inviting. The water was also sooo relaxing!

It’s a blessing to have Pastor Archie and his wife Tita Susan around. Also with us are Carlyn’s parents, Tito Sandy and Tita Luz. They’ve prepared a very hearty meal for all of us. Yummy! Thank God for parents! (“,)

Pastor Archie and Tita Susan preparing dinner (w/ Bob on the side)


What a pose! =)


Feeling macho! haha!

If only it wasn’t Monday tomorrow, we’ve surely stayed longer. But then, we could always go back. Anyway, the place is just a couple of minutes away.

When my sister and I got home, I can’t sleep yet since my hair was still wet. So I just spent some time watching TV first while drying my hair. My sister flipped the remote control to ABC 5 and I was glad she did. They we’re showing Christian Bautista’s concert. Yey! I was happy to hear and see him perform once again.

Before I sleep, I just thanked God for the opportunity He has given me to make use of my gifts to help others. I also thanked Him for the wonderful gifts He has bestowed upon us throughout the day – the lessons from the preaching and the wonderful time we had at Circle Island. What more could I say? He’s really a generous Dad. (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home