desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Kissed!

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Kissed!

Ooopps…Before you think of anything else, I just wanted to say that this is a totally wholesome entry. (hehe…)

Around 5 p.m. this afternoon, I went out to go to the grocery store near our village to buy some things we need in the house. I also intend to look for a photocopying center where I could recopy the drawings for the Kid’s crafts tomorrow.

As I was only a few step from our gate, I noticed some children playing in the street. When Arianne saw me, she smiled and I smiled back at her. Then I just noticed this pretty 7-year old girl left her playmates and walked towards me. When she came near me, she gave me a kiss! (aaaaww…) That was so sweet of her…a sweet surprise for me.

Then suddenly, I didn’t know that Ella saw Arianne with me. And so Ella also ran towards me and gave me another sweet kiss. (aaaaaww… again) I remembered this smart 6-year old girl as one of my students in Sunday School before. I’m glad that she’s still that same sweet girl to me even if she’s studying in Baguio now and only stays in Cavite once in a while.

And when I thought I was already that blessed to receive two sweet kisses, Ella’s younger cousin, Janice also ran towards me. I didn’t notice her immediately since she was quite small. She called my name and when I turned back, there she was waiting for me to lean down so that she could give me a kiss, too. (another aaaaaww…)

This experience reminds me of those mornings on my way going to the office. There were times when I was walking on our street going to the tricycle terminal, I would just be surprised to hear cute voices shouting, “Ate Doths!” And when I looked to where the voice (or voices) came from, I’ll see that it was from these kids looking from their house’s window! Then they would just run outside, towards me and give me a sweet kiss as they bid me goodbye. Wow! I felt like I was a celebrity during those times. Hehehe!

It just feels so great to be loved by kids. Well maybe this is an understatement. Because really, words are sometimes not enough to express the feeling that you get when you receive these little but wonderful surprises from kids. Just like what my good friend usually say, “They just love you so unconditionally.” I definitely agree to that.

I thank God for the three sweet kisses I received today. They’re really wonderful blessings that just take all my stress and weariness away. I truly thank God for these kids who have touched my life and inspired me to see things beautifully.

It’s time to bed for me now since I have to wake up early tomorrow. I think my Heavenly Dad would also love to receive a sweet kiss from His little princess. Hmmm…I’d surely love to give Him that. (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home