desc Walking in Fields of Grace: One of the boys

Thursday, July 28, 2005

One of the boys

Yup. That's what they call me here sometimes, being the only girl in the team. Well, it has it's advantages and disadvantages. Somehow I feel like the youngest in the family - pampered and well taken cared of (heheh...) But I think I just could not escape their "pang-aasar" most of the time. And sometimes I just couldn't relate. It's as if they're speaking another language (not French for sure. hehe) when they start talking about things that I think only men could understand. So there, I'm totally out of place. But that's okay, sooner or later I guess I'll get some hint.

I'm also getting used to taking afternoon breaks with my big brothers. Fiorgellato, Mister Donut, bananaque from Jollijeep, squidballs, peanuts and sweet corns - name it, and we've tried it. I've just learned to eat squid balls, chicken balls and quail eggs right there at the sidewalk. It's not that I don't eat those...in fact, I'm craving for those kind of food sometimes. It's just that probably I get used to eating them inside the pantry. But then I realized it's really more fun to eat them when you're right there beside the cart. Softdrinks are also easily accessible from the bicycle store nearby when we feel we're already choking. (haha!)

Oh well, I think this is how it's gonna be until they hire another girl for our team. Somehow I'm getting used to it. Besides, I guess have no choice. We're stuck with each other. hehehe...just kidding! (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home