desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Preparations...

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Preparations...

I woke up at around 9 a.m. and I was wondering why it seems so quiet. I realized I was alone in the house. My dad had a meeting in Church, my mom went to the market and my sister didn’t go home last night since they had to cover the rally. Oh well…

I was really sorry that I can’t go to Nathan’s birthday party. I had to prepare my lesson for Kid’s Sunday School tomorrow. Yup! I was already given a teaching schedule. Yey! I only have this morning to do all the preparation since we have a Music Ministry practice in the afternoon (which could last until evening…it depends, actually).

So I just had a quick breakfast. It’s really not so appetizing when you eat alone =(. Anyway after eating, I played the Hillsong CD (Shout God’s Fame). It’s the same set of songs I’ve been listening to the whole week, even in the office. But I just don’t get tired of listening to them. They’re beautiful songs.


My top favorites are: “Shout Your Fame” (the carrier single) and “Centre of My Life” (I love the lyrics of this one). I also like “Gonna Be Alright”, “I Will Go” and “Here I am (Father’s Love). Some songs here which are also included in their previous albums are still great to listen to.

It’s cutting-out and coloring time for me as I listen to these songs. I really miss doing these things and I had fun preparing the visual aids and even the crafts that the kids will be making tomorrow.

As I was doing all these, our landline phone rang. At first I was tempted not to answer it (hehehe…) since I don’t want to be interrupted from what I was doing. But then I thought it might be something important.

It was Carlyn on the other line, and she’s looking for Elaine. I told her my sister is not yet in the house. She said it’s okay, she’ll just call again. Then suddenly, her voice began to sound so happy and excited. I was surprised when she told me that she won as Secretary for their Student Council with votes for her way, way above the others who ran for the same position. Wow! I was soooo happy for her! She was thanking me for helping her make the flyers that she used for the campaign. I never thought it could make such an impact. But we know it was all God’s doing and we really thank Him for that!

I didn’t have much time to practice my project song, though. But still I was able to practice somehow. I really think I should prepare for the recital, if ever it pushes through. Master Sherwin’s name is at stake here (hehehe!) And yes, I’ve been listening to the mp3 (“True Colors” by MYMP) in the office whenever I have the chance. I’m really hoping I could also play it that well. So I guess my motto for now would have to be: Make.Your.Maestro.Proud (hehe!)

Our Music Ministry practice took quite a long time since we included in our line-up 2 new songs from the album I mentioned earlier. We finished at around 8 p.m. already. But then, it’s still worth the time spent. We all wanted to give our best for our One True Audience.

Yes, today is basically my preparation day for all my upcoming activities. It just feels good to have a very productive day! (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home