desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Recharged and Refreshed!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Recharged and Refreshed!

Though I was able to go to Church last Sunday, I still felt there’s something lacking. Perhaps it’s because I wasn’t able to attend the whole service. I was the teacher at the Kid’s Sunday School for the 7:30 a.m. service and I was suppose to sing at the 10 a.m service. Well, I did sing but then after the Praise and Worship, I was told that there was no teacher for the Kid’s Sunday School. It should have been Sarah but for some reason, she wasn’t able to come. So there, I was the teacher again. It was actually okay for me, but then I also wished I was able to hear the preaching.

I was able to take advantage of the special holiday to take some rest but then when I went to work this morning, I don’t know why I felt like I was not in the condition to work. I was looking at my things-to-do list and attempted to start on the priority tasks. As time went on, I noticed I was not accomplishing much for the day. I was able to ask the developers some of my questions for the beta test preparation but most of the time I was just staring at the thick reference documents (Acceptance Test Plans and Beta Test Plans) on my desk.

Since I felt I wasn’t working effectively anymore, I told myself I’ll go just home at around 6:30 p.m. But then I thought of passing by the Cathedral of Praise sanctuary, which is located at the ground floor of our building, hoping that they have a service. I really wasn’t sure of their services schedule so I thought that if there wasn’t a service, I’ll just walk straight to Glorietta since I also need to buy something.

As I came near the COP sanctuary, I already saw some people inside. I saw 2 ladies by the entrance and asked if they will be having a service. The girl said that they’ll have a service at 7 p.m. I glanced at my watch and saw that I was 10 minutes earlier. Wow! I was really glad to hear what the girl said.

By the way while I was talking with the girl, I noticed somebody by the front desk calling me. When I looked at who it was, I found out that it’s Paulynne! She’s a good friend of my sister and they’re classmates back in high school. I was in my senior year while Paulynne and my sister were still freshmen in PCU. We’re both glad to see each other. She asked about my sister and we chatted for a while. I told her my office is in the same building. She then gave me her contact number.

As she ushered me inside the sanctuary, I asked if I could borrow her Bible. I apologized for not bringing one. I told her I really didn’t plan to attend but for some reason, my steps led me there. She gladly handed me her Bible and I occuppied a seat near the middle.

I felt a spirit of peace and gladness as we began to sing. The songs really touched my heart and they were like a prayer that I want to say before the Lord. Through the song “It’s all about You”, I was able to tell God that I’m there not for anything or anybody else but just for Him. As we sang “Here I am to Worship”, I just felt like bowing down at His feet as I tell Him that my reason for being there is because of my desire to worship Him and to say that He’s my God. Indeed, there is nothing compared to being in the presence of God, just like what the song “Better is one day” tells – Better is one day in God’s presence than a thousand else where. It was also great to have the opportunity to pray for a sister beside me as we end the Praise and Worship.

Just before the preaching, the choir sang a really beautiful song. It’s the first time I heard that song and I don’t even know the title. But I was touched by the words. Since I don’t have a pen either, I borrowed from a sister beside me just to copy the lyrics of the chorus. It says:

“Ask the Father through Jesus the Son
And it will be done
Rise on wings of faith
In the Name of the Lord.”

It was indeed a great song, sang by a great choir with great voices for no other than our Great God! Truly lovely!

I really regreted though that I didn’t have a pen. I really wished I could take down notes during the preaching. But anyway, I still hoped to get the message and be reminded of it. The preaching was about the people who encountered God and whose lives were then changed. The Pastora gave the following people as examples: (a) the blind beggar who receives his sight (Luke 18:35-43) (b) the lame man healed at the pool (John 5:1-15) (c) the healing of a boy with an evil spirit (Mark 9:14-32) (d) Zechariah being told that he would have a son (Luke 1:5-25). Whew! I thank God for making me remember those scripture texts.

I guess the message really for me is that no matter how big our problems and concerns are, or how impossible our circumstances may be, let us not forget that our God is bigger than any of those. We have a good, loving God who is merciful and who cares a lot for us more than anybody else in this world. And all we have to do is to call on His Name and surrender all our cares before Him. Then be in faith as we hold on to His promises. Keep on praying and seek to be always in His presence. As the Pastora said, “God’s presence makes all the difference”. I definitely agree to that. He’s the only One who can change us...and we will never be the same again.

I just realized that while the Pastora spoke, I felt that everything she’s saying was really for me. It’s just amazing how God used her to speak to me. As I left the COP sanctuary, I went home thanking God for leading me in that place. I know it wasn’t just an accident. It was in His plan for me to be there and be reminded of that wonderful message.

I now overflow with rejoicing and thanksgiving to my God as I am filled with hope that whatever comes my way, He will always be with me.

Indeed, in God’s presence I am recharged and refreshed! (“,)

1 Comments:

  • "In His Name" by Jim Cernero.

    Greetings : )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home