desc Walking in Fields of Grace: A Surprise Visit

Monday, July 25, 2005

A Surprise Visit

Since I was taking advantage of the special holiday, I slept ‘til 10 a.m. When I woke up, my mom was already doing the laundry. My dad was in the store and my sister was in Batasan. She texted to inform us that she’s currently in the middle of the rally, soldiers and tanks. Hmm…She really has a very challenging job. But knowing her, I’m sure she can manage. I had a quick breakfast as usual and after resting for a while, I started cleaning the house. I also planned to change the curtains in my room and do some re-arrangements.

I finished cleaning the bathroom and was already cleaning the sala when I heard a tricycle stopped in front of our house. Then I heard somebody calling “Doths!” repeatedly. When I looked from our front window, I was surprised to see Angeline and Ate Lucille (my friends from the Music Ministry) standing outside the gate. I immediately went out to open it for them.

I welcomed them inside the house and apologized for its disorderliness (hehehe…) I told them I was still in the process of cleaning it. They said they don’t mind and told me they just thought of dropping by since they were within the area. They also asked if it’s okay to stay for a while since they don’t have anything to do at their homes (hehe…) I told them it’s perfectly okay and I would really appreciate their company.

After resting for a while, Angeline asked me to accompany her to the nearby mini-mart. She’s craving for some chips. And so, the three of us went to the mini-mart and got a bunch of chips, chocolates and bread. I offered to buy ice cream (rocky-road) since I was craving for some chocolate since last Saturday. (yum, yum!)

We decided to take an early lunch by the time we got home since Angeline didn’t have breakfast. It’s so nice to have friends like them who could eat just whatever is in the kitchen (hehehe…) We had paksiw na isda, fried tilapia and some scrambled eggs for lunch. We opted to eat without using our forks and spoons and it really made us eat a lot. (Uh-oh! They’re not gonna like me for broadcasting our secret. Hehehe…) We had ice cream for dessert (really yummy!). At last, I had some chocolate ice cream (yey!) We’re all so full from our hearty lunch.

After lunch, Angeline asked me for a guitar since she’s also studying to play it by herself. Unfortunately, our guitar is in the office (it’s at Ephil, not at my office. Hehe…) We only have our old electric guitar available. She said that will do. She played some songs from my Blessing songbook. I told them I’ll just take a bath while they were jamming.

We then decided to watch some videos of our previous Church events, like the Christmas Party, Anniversary, Family Day and mini concert. It’s just wonderful to see those memorable events once again. My mom also watched with us as she was having her lunch. They were all teasing me when they saw our dance number last December, saying “Uy, ikaw ba yan? Ang galing ah!” They told me we should perform again. I wonder if that was really a compliment (hehehe…) And maybe I was really on the “hot seat” that time because everytime they’ll see this guy singing, I’ll hear the three of them say “uuuyyy…” and “yiheee…” in unison. I saw the satisfied look on their faces as they were having so much fun teasing me, even my mom. (Wow, thank you very much!)

Oh well…After finishing all those videos, it’s videoke time for us. We’re only able to sing several songs since we felt somewhat sleepy. Maybe it’s time for an afternoon nap. But our attempted afternoon nap turned into an hour or so of chatting (while eating…hehehe…) We even missed to watch the SONA, since we we’re so busy sharing a lot of stories. It was already 4:30 p.m. when we remembered about it. (oops…)

Angeline and Ate Lucille left at around 5 p.m. They thanked me for making them feel so at home. I thanked them too, for keeping me company throughout the day. We surely had a wonderful day.

I continued my interrupted cleaning tasks when they left but I decided to just fix my room on Saturday. I know it would take much time. But anyway, I’m glad that Angeline and Ate Lucille took the time to visit me. It’s really great to have sisters like them, (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home