desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Why so downcast, oh my soul?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Why so downcast, oh my soul?

I can see the black clouds through the glass window from where I'm seated right now (to think that it's still quite early). Somehow, this kind of weather is giving me a sad feeling. I guess it just reminds me of several reasons to be down and sad about these past few days, including today (*a lot of sighs...*). I don't know but they just pile up so fast and I feel them weighing down on me.

Sometimes, I'm hoping that once I had cried it all out then maybe...just maybe, they'd all be gone forever. As much as I wanted to express through my words how exactly I feel right now, I just couldn't find it. Maybe the words of this song could say it all...


Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
Strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His armor is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
Never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armor
the warrior is a child

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my and look up for a smile
'Cause deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
Deep inside this armor
The Warrior is a Child

At the end of the day, when all is said and done...those were the only words I could say, "I'm just a child, Lord...I'm just a child. I need you to help me face all these. I can't do this alone. I just can't..."

In my heart I know, He's always there...and will always be there to lift me up whenever I'm feeling down and sad. Yes...He is the Lifter of my countenance and the Lover of my soul.

As I put my trust in Him, I look forward with hope for tomorrow is a new day...
and the sun would shine again...
and hopefully, the dark clouds would all be gone...
and the fresh wind will blow, bringing with it all the feeling of sadness away...
and as I breathe in His gentle and loving presence, I know I won't be downcast anymore
because He's given me more than enough reason
to smile and laugh again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home