desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Blessed with their Music

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Blessed with their Music

It's been a while since I last went out with Ate Aileen and Ate Jenny. They are some of my closest friends from Church. Though they're several years older than me, being a wife and mom that they already are, I'm glad that we enjoy each others' company a lot.

I received a text message from Ate Aileen last week inviting me to attend at their Church this Sunday (her family now attends at Alabang New Life). They'll be having Darell Evans and David Baroni as guests. Ate Jenny and I gave a resounding "yes" to her invitation.

We met at around 4:30 this afternoon. Ate Jenny also invited her friend, May. We managed to arrive early for the 5:30pm service, so we were able to occupy the seats near the stage. I noticed that the sanctuary was filled upto the balcony just as the service was about to start.

The service began with a prayer led by Pastor Paul and then the Music Ministry team lead us to a couple of upbeat songs. Then the guests were introduced immediately after the last song.

David Baroni was the first to come up the stage. He went straight to the keyboard and started to play. It was a solemn time for us as we meditated upon the words of his song "Bow Down".



What amazed me though was the fact that David was able to usher the people to worship God by encouraging us to sing with our own words. He just kept on playing with the keyboard and uttering words of praises to the Lord. I felt like each of us was able to compose a song at that moment. I'm sure God loved it! :)



David Baroni is indeed blessed with great talent for singing and writing songs. Until now I still remembered one important thing from what he said yesterday. He said, "It's not about the songs we sing, it's about the presence of the King." And yes, I definitely agree to that.



After his final song, David introduced Darell Evans. Darell played his acoustic guitar (which he's so good at) while David accompanied him with the keyboards. I saw that the congregation not only enjoyed the songs, but we're really touched by the words. They were like prayers to God. We all jumped to our feet and danced as Darell led us to one of his famous songs "TRADING MY SORROWS". It's a personal favorite of mine and it really had a different impact because we're singing it with the singer/composer himself! :)



Another one of his famous songs followed - it was "Freedom". Darell, with his great voice, sang the chorus: "Where the Spirit of the Lord is..." and all of us in response shouted in unison, "There is Freedom!!!". It was really an awesome declaration of victory. I could also sense that all of us were touched when he sang his final song in a cappella. A song truly sang from the heart.

Darell was the one who shared the Word for the evening. I didn't know he's also a good speaker. When he invited people to come to the front, the three of us were so glad that Ate Jenny's friend, May, responded to the invitation!

I wished the evening wouldn't end so soon. I wanted to sing some more. (hehehe...) But I know Darell and David really needed some rest. They just arrived last Saturday and they still have a lot to do this week. Anyway, I know I'll see them again someday. But for the meantime I'll just be contented to hear their music through my earphones or over the radio.

Needless to say, I felt so blessed for being there. Their music has touched my life and indeed they're a real blessing to many others like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home