desc Walking in Fields of Grace: “Inspite of…”

Saturday, August 27, 2005

“Inspite of…”

This morning, I had to choose between going to our Music Ministry practice in the afternoon or accompanying my cousin who’s been taking care of her boy friend in the hospital. Hmmm…I realized my cousin needs some assistance so I decided to choose the latter.

My cousin stayed at the hospital last night since there’s nobody to take care of her boyfriend. His family is supposed to arrive Saturday morning. I know my cousin hardly slept and hasn’t even changed her clothes. So I decided to bring her some clothes and accompany her in the hospital until the family arrives.

I got in the hospital a little after lunch. Her boyfriend was asleep when I came in. I saw that he still has a high fever. I can see the worried look in my cousin’s face. I just tried to cheer her up a bit and then asked if she already had lunch. She hasn’t eaten yet, just as I expected. (tsk, tsk…) I went out to buy her lunch at the nearest fastfood.

Her boyfriend seemed a little better when I came back. I smiled at him and started a conversation. I was glad to see him smiling inspite of being sick. I told him he has to eat his lunch already because the nurse might come to give his medicine. He’s hesitant at first but then gave in after some more convincing.

After they had lunch, my cousin finally had the chance to take a bath. I promised her I’ll look after him as he sleeps. Good thing I brought the book she lent me (“The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks) so I was able to read some chapters while baby-sitting, or should I say boyfriend-sitting? Hehehe…

I stayed there almost all afternoon. I was just amazed at how my cousin patiently took care of him. Of course I know their love story, their ups and downs, their issues and stuff (you know, being my cousin’s shock absorber. Hehe…) But inspite of all the hurt, she’s there by his side loving him so unconditionally…giving and sacrificing…caring and understanding. I just thought her boyfriend is so blessed to have her.

Well I guess that’s how love works. It never ceases to be patient…It sees beyond all the flaws and differences...It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs…It simply understands even without reasons or explanations.

Because the truth is, we come to love not “because…” (he/she is like this and that…)

It is really loving “inspite of…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home