desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Not so late for Chocolate!

Friday, August 19, 2005

Not so late for Chocolate!

At last! I've satisfied my craving for "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" last night. It only took a suggestion from my officemate, Monica and for the rest of us girls here (which happened to be only 5) to concur. So it was a girls-night-out with me, Monica, Tina and Lea (Thet wasn't able to come, though).

During lunch, we're asking each other if the movie is still being shown. None of us were sure, so we're having second thoughts of pushing through. Good thing when I checked sureseats, I saw that they are still showing it in Glorietta 4 (yey!). It wasn't too late for us to get a doze of some chocolate afterall. (hehehe...)

Overall, I enjoyed the movie - a nice reward for a week's work. :) The chocolate factory is just amazing! I really wish there's a factory like that and I wanted to have a tour there as well. hehehe... (well, just one of my childhood fantasies. :P) I could just imagine myself taking a sip of chocolate with my bare hands from the choco river or getting a huge slice from the fudge mountain. (yum, yum! salivating here...haha!)


The movie also showcases a great cast. But my favorite is Charlie not only because he manifested a great performance. More so, because his role in the film embodies a good example of what kids (and even adults) should be.


Johnny Depp (as Willy Wonka) also gave a great performance. Though I didn't like much how he looked, but in the end it's nice to see him smiling genuinely as he realized that one thing he's been missing in his life - the love of a family.


And of course, the oompa-loompas! They're (or he's) not that cute, hehehe..., but I was so fascinated by their song and dance numbers! Really cool!




If there's something I learned from the film it's that, nothing could ever replace the love of a family. It cannot even be substituted by fame or fortune. Because you see, everyone around us can leave us behind but our families will always be there for us no matter what.

And of course, evil cannot go unpunished. Thus, the fate of the 4 bratty kids (haha!) and their parents.

It's also good to note the other essential elements of the film which teaches us about "respect for elders (and their wisdom), selfless loyalty, humility, love, and honor".

I'd just like to quote this one

"And so shines a good deed, in a weary world." - Willy Wonka

(true!)

Hmmmn...I guess I still have some "chocolate hang-over" from last night. Hopefully, I could go grab some tonight. (",)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home