desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Photographer wannabe

Monday, August 15, 2005

Photographer wannabe

Since I was asked to be the official photographer of our visits in Cavite City, I made sure I have my digicam with me when we went there the other Sunday (and this time, I made sure also that I’ve fully charged the batteries. hehe...).

During our Sunday School class, I got the chance to take a picture of the kids as they sing to the tune of “The Love Jesus”. It was a fun and enjoyable time with the kids once again.


"Higher than the mountain..."



"Wider than the universe..."

The guys and gals asked for a picture while having lunch. You see, that’s the disadvantage of being the photographer - you can’t get to join the picture taking (hehehe…).


Takaw nila...grabe...

It was a rainy Sunday afternoon on our way to Cavite City that’s why I wasn’t able to take a picture of the sea again. =( Hopefully, the weather would be fine on our next visit. We arrived there at around 4pm already.

Since the facilitators were still preparing some things, we decided to buy some snacks first. We went to a nearby street and found a store selling burgers. While waiting for our order, I got the chance to take a picture of Sangley Point Naval Base entrance.


Sangley Point Naval Base (w/ extra tricycle =P)

Our activities started at around 5pm. It was not only a fun time during the icebreaker games, but it also allowed us to know our brothers and sisters in Cavite City better. And I guess the favor was still on us because for all the icebreaker games, my team won again. Yey!

For the serious stuff, we brainstormed about our group’s logo design. Several nice suggestions came up but it would be finalized by next month. We also discussed about some fund-raising activities.

Then the best part came, eating time! Tita Susan prepared some delicious lomi – just perfect for the rainy weather. (Yum, yum!) Here are some pichoors! :-)


While eating Lomi (uy kasali ako sa pic! hehe...)



Still eating Lomi

Honestly, I wasn't that satistified with some of the pictures I took (that's why I only posted a few here. hehehe...). I know I still have a loooong way to go before I could take nicer shots.

Hmmm... as they say, "Practice makes perfect". But then it's as if I could hear my friend as she would always continue that statement by saying, "But nobody's perfect. So why practice?!" (hahaha! good point.)

Nevertheless, I think it's still worth taking the challenge. (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home