desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Family Day

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Family Day

Circle Island Resort– Sunday, September 04, 2005

Our Church celebrated “Family Day” last Sunday, thank God for the fine weather. We occupied a nice pavilion at the second floor, allowing us to have a great view of almost the entire resort.

The service was held there at the resort. It’s supposed to start at 10 am. But we had to let everyone get settled first so Pastor Archie decided to start at around 10:30. I was there early since we need to make another run-through of the Praise & Worship. While waiting for the service to start, I got fascinated watching the setup of two birthday parties. The place was actually a nice venue for almost any occasion.

Me and Carlyn while waiting for the Service to start


Nice colors!


Birthday party!

Carlyn led the Praise and Worship, while Mark Genesis and I are the backups. We lined-up purely Tagalog songs. It was an awesome time praising God! Pastor Archie prepared just a short preaching. He talked about “Fellowshipping with one another”. He said that we should spend quality time with the brethren just like how the people in the New Testament did. It’s the best way to strengthen our relationship with God and with our brothers and sisters.

Pastor Archie

It was lunchtime right after the service. All kinds of viands occupied the center tables. It was a real feast!

Chow time!

My dad grilled some “bangus” (milkfish) while I prepared baked mussels (as requested by the guys and gals). It was another reason why I had to wake up early. Good thing, I took a picture of them at home right after cooking. Otherwise, they would just be a memory of the past. They were gone in no time at all! I got only 4 pieces from the 2 kilos I prepared. Hehehe… But that’s okay, just to see them enjoying their meal is more than enough reward for me. =)




The kids were so excited to try the pool even if it’s drizzling. They quickly changed to their swimming attires a little after they finished lunch. I went to the poolside to take a picture of them. When they saw me, they sooo wanted me to swim with them. I had to explain that I still have to help in the games preparation. I promised to join them after.

Kids havin' fun

When I went back to the pavilion, the games are about to start. The first one is the “apple-eating” game participated by the moms and dads, assisted by the young people. It was fun and sweet! (as sweet as the apples. Hehehe…) The young couple, Kuya Aries and Ate Lucille emerged as winners! They received mugs and pillows as prizes.






The next game is for the young guys, “banana-eating” this time. The goal is to finish eating as much as 3 bananas without using their hands. How to peel them really depends on their strategy. Water is ready just in case they choke. Hehehe…James and Mark Genesis led the race, but Mark proved to be an expert on this game. He got a pink kid’s soccer ball as a reward. Cool! =P




The last game is for the whole family – relay! They forced me to join this time. I was making an excuse to take pictures but they dragged me to the first group. Okay fine, so I joined. We had to wear this huge shirt then cross the chairs, do 3 monkey-squats, turn-around twice, burst a balloon, cross the chairs again, then pass the shirt to the next player (whew!) It was a nice game and all the more fun because my team won! Yey! No pictures, though. My sister got so hooked watching that she forgot she’s supposed to take pictures. Nice!

It was swimming time for the rest of the afternoon. Though it was raining, the water was warm and soothing. Just as I promised my students, I joined them in the kid’s pool. When they saw me dipping in the water, I heard numerous little voices calling “Teacher Dorothy!” around me. The kids started to swim towards me and crowd around as though they’ve seen a celebrity. Haha! Those kids are really sweet. We all had fun playing in the pool.


After a while, I joined my fellow music ministers in the 5-ft pool. It was actually more of chatting than swimming (hehehe…) While I was seated beside the 6-ft pool, somebody pushed me! Thank you very much, I don’t know how to swim. I screamed (I didn’t notice how loud) but luckily I didn’t swallow water. (*sigh) Maybe it’s fast reflexes or just adrenaline that made me got a hold on the pool’s edge quickly. Thank goodness! I really thought I was going to drown. (whew!) Guess who pushed me? My dad! I punched him on his thigh by the time I got out of the water. Haha! I guess he’s that desperate to make me learn to swim.




More eating, chatting, swimming and picture taking around the resort until 5 pm.

Sisters =)


Me and Dad


Me and Mom


Papa and Mama


Honeymooners? (hehe...)

We also tried the videoke. But I think it’s not a good idea because the rain poured all the more. Hehehe…We’re supposed to stay only upto 5 pm at the pavilion, but the guys and gals didn’t want the fun to end yet. So we decided to just rent a small cottage where we could place our things and extend up until 8 pm.




It was a night swimming on a rainy evening. Just imagine how cold it was. (brrr…) When I couldn’t bear the cold anymore, I left them in the pool and decided to take a shower already. It was all the more cold by the time I got out of the pool. I was literally chilling and was hugging myself as I walk towards the shower room.

We had another hour of chat right after everyone had taken a shower. It seemed we didn’t want to part. But we finally called it a night at 9 pm.

Overall, it was a great day spent with my own family and with my Church family. How blessed I am to have them as family! And I just want to thank God for everything! (“,)

1 Comments:

  • :) Its a very nice presentation, a significance day you really enjoy whole-heartedly. Hope makasama ako nxt tym he he ...GODBLESS TO ALL OF YoU..And make you all continue to receive the great blessing of the LORD. You inspire me alot..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home