desc Walking in Fields of Grace: I'd still say, Yes!

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'd still say, Yes!

It all started with a request from our senior pastor a month ago.

Last Sunday of August, I was informed I'm going to do it on the last Sunday of this month. My reaction, "What?!?! Please no...not yet. Maybe next year I'd be ready."

After much convincing and encouragements, I finally answered, "Yes". But still, I don't think I am ready for it. My answer was a total leap of faith.

A month for me to prepare. Listened to a bunch of praise and worship songs. Listed several of them. Prayed for God's choice (I had to be careful not just to choose my personal favorites.). Narrowed my list to 5 songs. Submitted them to James on the 3rd week of this month. Thank God, he has no violent reactions whatsoever (hehehe...)

Just a week left. I already feel butterflies in my stomach everytime I'd think about it. Saturday was practice day. I'm so thankful to James & Bob (my musical arrangers) and to my sister, Elaine (my coach/morale booster..hehe). They've been really so patient and supportive of me. Thanks also to Mark for agreeing to do the solemn songs, though it's his first time, too. At least I won't be alone in this. hehe...

Last Sunday was the big day. The butterflies in my stomach just got doubled and I felt my heart seem to jump right out of its place. Though I was so nervous, I tried to be calm and to just trust God. I know it's not about the talent or my own strength. It's about giving my full confidence in Him who has called me. And to do the work not just for the sake of getting it over and done with. But to do it with all of my heart, soul and mind as I give my best to Him.

"Thanks bros. and sis! I couldn’t have done it without your love and undying support!”

Indeed in my weakness, God is strong. I thank Him for making my first experience to lead in worship truly successful. I know the same is true even for Mark. I was just a little sad that my parents were not there to see me because my dad was scheduled to preach at GMA Cavite.

But it just warms my heart to see our senior pastor approach me right after the service and say, “Praise God, praise God for you!” as he firmly shook my hand. He even added, “I like your choice of songs”. Wow! I was so glad to hear that. It’s only now that I realized how hard it is to think of a line-up! Hehehe…

If you’re curious what those are, they’re two beautiful praise songs (Mark took care of the other 3 solemn songs). I mentioned that I was careful not to choose my personal favorites but these were really the songs that God impressed in my heart to sing:

First one is, “I want to know You more”. Chorus goes, “I want to know You, I want to hear Your voice, I want to know You more... I want to touch You, I want to see Your face, I want to know You more…” This one is like a personal prayer. Nice upbeat tune, too. (Special thanks to Arman and his brother, I now have an mp3 of this song. Yey!)

The second is, Lakewood’s “Sweeter”. I really love this part of the song, “Everyday with You Lord, is sweeter than the day before…Every morning I will worship, Every evening I’ll adore…Cause everyday with You is sweeter, sweeter than the day before…” A really sweet song, that is! I still don't have an mp3, though. If anyone can send it to me, I'd really be so much grateful!

I also received hugs from the moms in our church saying how happy they were to see me leading the worship. While my fellow music ministers joined together in teasing me “Si Doths ulit sa Sunday!” (hahaha! Give me a break, guys!)

It’s really an overwhelming experience! But whatever praises I received, I give and offer all those back to the One who truly deserves it – to my God, Creator and King. I know I still have to learn a lot when it comes to worship leading. But if He’d ask me to sing for Him again, I’d definitely still say, “Yes!” (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home