desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Starstudded Sunday

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Starstudded Sunday

Last Sunday, I was fascinated to see an array of stars:

Star #1

I left Church at 12nn right after the service. I’ll be meeting Tabel at 1:30 pm in Robinson’s Pioneer to get some stuff and then head to the Sebastian’s residence to celebrate Jin’s birthday.

Since there was no shuttle going to Alabang, I took the jeepney headed to Southmall. When I got there, I decided to pass by the food court first hoping to take a quick bite. But even just near the entrance, there were already a lot of people crowding.

It wasn’t that hard for me to figure out why. It’s SOP staging their show there. On stage were the Starstruck artists promoting their movie (“Lovestruck”).


Right after them was a performance by Jay-r, Malik and Kyla. I also heard Jonalyn Viray (Pinoy Pop Superstar champion) as she sang “Run to You”. Great voice!

I figured it would be too hard for me to brave the crowd going to the foodcourt. Besides, it was almost 1 pm. So I decided to just head straight to Alabang.

Star #2

It was almost 2 pm when we arrived at the Sebastian’s. We were welcomed by Daddy Joey, Juwan, Jaira, Daddy Joey's dad, Mommy Weng’s mom, her sister and of course the birthday boy himself, Jin! Mama Sands, Leo and Karl were already there. Too bad, we missed Mommy Weng’s call. If only we have arrived earlier. (Uh-oh…my fault! Hehe…)

It was so nice to see Jin really enjoying his special day. He had the biggest smile seeing the chocolate cake, ice cream and the balloons! Of course, he was as entertaining and accommodating of his visitors as usual. He even sat on my lap and when I asked him to sing, he serenaded me with the chorus part of the song “Perfect”.

What a smart and talented kid! I’m sure he will not only be the “star of the day”, being the birthday celebrant. I can see a bright future ahead of him. Who knows? We’ll just be surprised one day to see him in the big screen, not only here but in the US! =D

When I came in the office yesterday morning, I got this offline message from Mommy Weng:

"you have always been great with children and i am blessed because you're sharing your love and caring ways to my kids. thanks for being a very thoughtful tita. thanks for making jin's birthday special. kumuha ka na ba ng passport? hehehe i'll be preparing for our grand reunion here in new jersey next year. so better prepare yourself na din. it'll be a cold christmas for you next year. love you doths. miss you. see you next year."

I was speechless…and teary-eyed. (yep, even that early in the morning. Hehe..)

Thanks, Mommy Weng. I really hope to see you all there!

Star #3

We left the Sebastian’s residence before 3 pm. Tabel headed to OCCI while I was thinking of passing by Megamall. But then I thought of attending the service at CCF (St. Francis Square).

I just took the chance since I didn’t know their services schedules. I saw from the signage that it was at 3 pm. I glanced at my watch. It was 5 minutes past 3. I ran upstairs going to the 4th floor where the service is being held. The pastor talked about prayerfullness as seen in the life of Daniel (text reference is Daniel chapter 10). It was an important reminder for me.

I still decided to pass by Megamall right after the service. When I entered Mega A bldg., I saw lots of people crowding again. Then I heard a familiar voice singing, “Because of You”. It was Gary V.! He was promoting his new album “Pure Heart”. Wow! I made the right decision to pass by there. hehe…

I squeezed my way through the crowd and so I reached quite near the stage. Though I still had to tiptoe, at least I got a good view of Gary. Hehe… Too bad I don’t have a camera with me. =(

It’s really different when he sings the song. It’s just pouring out of his heart. He serenaded us with the song, “Ikaw Lamang” (theme song of the movie Dubai…sweet!).

The people started cheering when he began to sing “How did you know”. If you think the song is sweet, I tell you it’s different when he’s the one singing it. And It’s even better when you’re there seeing and hearing him perform it live. Wow! I was wishing the song wouldn’t end. Hehe…

He ended the show with a pure-energy performance of “Shout for Joy” (new version, first time I heard it). Again, it’s different now that I see him dancing live. (Ang galing talaga, promise! =D) I felt like coming up the stage and immitating his every move. Haha! (It was like an extended Praise & Worship from church) I really enjoyed every bit of his performance.

It was already past 6 pm. I went home. Still singing. (“,)

5 Comments:

  • Nice day!, Any pictures??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM  

  • Fahvorit ko talga yung picture ni Jin dito! It shows his true self! =D

    HABERDAY JIN DAVID!

    By Blogger tabel, at 7:49 PM  

  • Thanks for your comment on the post on my lovestruck movie review and for Encouragement related to them. If you have read the post about the mall tour held at festival supermall. You will kinda understand why i like to have pics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:06 AM  

  • Thanks po ulit for the inspiration. God bless!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

  • Inuulit ko din pala yung tanong ni mommy weng sayo... kumuha ka na ba ng passport neng?! hehehe

    By Blogger tabel, at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home