desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Getting Updated with Movies

Monday, October 31, 2005

Getting Updated with Movies

Thanks for the long weekend! I finally got the chance to watch several movies I missed recently.

If Only
Tina and Anne recommended this movie which starred Jennifer Love Hewitt and Paul Nicholls. They told me, though, that I should watch it with my boyfriend around. Uh-oh... "So you're like saying that I couldn't watch it, if a boyfriend is a pre-requisite.", I told them. We all had a good laugh at my reply. Then they told me that the lesson is actually applicable not only to your special someone but to everyone dear to you. Okay...I just had to make that clear. hehe...

Indeed, it's a movie about showing and expressing your love to those important people in your life...while you still can. It's also about second chances and making things right. It's about saying those long unspoken words and expressing what's in your heart NOW, not when they're already gone...not when it's already too late and all you could only utter is "If only..."

You probably guessed it already, this movie is a tearjerker for me. But really it's a nice one. I also love Jennifer's song here, "Love will show you everything".

Herbie
This one is an entertaining movie about Herbie - "the free-wheelin' Volkswagen bug with a mind of its own". Maggie (Lindsay Lohan) got it as a graduation gift from her dad. Herbie unexpectedly got her to join a racing contest and surprisingly, they beat the number one (not to mention, arrogant) racer in town. It's a story about friendship and family as well as taking risks to reach for your dreams.

Cinderella Man
I remembered Pastor Noel mentioned about this movie when I attended a Wednesday service at Bread of Life - Greenbelt last Month. I was quite intrigued and so I was really looking forward to see it. Good thing, my cousin has a copy. (yey!)

This movie is based on a true to life story of the boxing legend, James Braddock (Russell Crowe). It is a very heart-warming and inspiring film (that has brought tears to my eyes). It speaks of the importance of the family, about loving them so unconditionally, doing everything for their sake and being with them no matter how difficult the situation may be. I see James Braddock here as a man of character and integrity - "as a person, a husband, a father and a citizen of his country". I am not fond of boxing but I found myself as if wanting to punch as well everytime he's about to lose at his opponent...even cringe everytime he receives a tough blow as I see him wounded and in pain...but best of all, rejoicing in his victories. Indeed, it's one of the best films I've seen so far. Go watch it if you get the chance.

I still have some movies lined up to watch. Tina has been so generous in lending me copies lately. hehe... Hopefully, I could watch them this coming Friday. Another long weekend, yipee! (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home