desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Afternoon Bonding

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Afternoon Bonding

It seems that the coming Sundays will be busy for most of us as we will be preparing for our upcoming Church anniversary. I, for one, stayed with the kids in Sunday School for both morning services to rehearse them for their special number. Then right after lunch was music ministry rehearsal for the songs line-up, still for the anniversary. We ended at around 2pm.

I thought I could already go home and take some time to sleep since I was having a slight headache. But the moms still had to rehearse for their tambourine dance number. (Yup, you read that right) So we had to wait for my mom. But that’s okay. I enjoyed watching them anyway. I’m just amazed at how they could still manage to follow the fast dance steps. Kuya Aries and Tito Sandy were having fun immitating their dance steps. I was laughing the whole time and I thought I’d have a stomach ache from watching their crazy steps. Hehehe… They were totally hilarious! As for my headache, it didn’t leave me, though. Mark was kind enough to give me some head massage which helped somehow. (thanks bro!)

Though feeling “low-batt” after the rehearsals, the guys and gals thought of going to our house so we could all spend some bonding time with Kuya Aries. Some sort of despedida for him since he will be leaving again on Thursday. We passed by the mini-mart to grab some snacks to prepare at home. It was a simple meal that we’re all craving for – pancit canton (quite chili) sauteed in cabbage and baguio beans. My mom was surprised to see the bunch of pancit canton that we bought. It was a feast! Ate Olive, Angie, Tita Susan and I prepared the hearty meal while the rest of them grabbed the mic with some videoke songs. Even my dad and Pastor Archie rendered some Rey Valera and Basil Valdez songs. (Hmm…frustrated singers?)


The pancit canton was unbelievably delicious. I was so stuffed when I finished two servings and three slices of tasty bread. We all enjoyed the simple meal. I can see how Kuya Aries was enjoying and savoring his precious time with all of us. He said he will really, really miss us and the 9 months away from us would seem like forever (hay naku… ang drama talaga ni kuya. Hehehe…) But seriously, we’re all gonna miss him too, especially his jokes and his contagious laughter. =)

They left the house at around 7pm. They also left me with a lot of dishes to wash. Hehehe… That’s okay, my mom helped me anyway. She said it looked like her post birthday celebration. Yup, it was my mom’s birthday last Saturday but her celebration is scheduled next week. I thank God for blessing my mom with another year and I know she’ll be blessed with a lot more. She’s been a real blessing to our family. You’re the best, ma! Love you!

It seems we'll be having more bonding sessions in the coming Sunday afternoon rehearsals…hopefully, minus the headache…more food and a lot of fun. (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home