desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Remembering...

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Remembering...

Just as I expected, the streets surrounding South Cemetery were all so crowded, not only with people visiting but with a lot of vendors selling different kinds of stuff. My cousins and I had to walk from Zapote St. going to the cemetery. It was almost 3pm when we arrived.

Before entering the gate, we stopped by the Greenwich pizza booth to get something for papa and mama who went ahead of us. Just as I was picking up the pizza box, the rain, as in heavy rain started pouring! And guess what? The five of us only brought one umbrella - just my umbrella. Great! It was too late before we reached a covered place. We were already soaking! waaahhh... Lesson learned: don't share your umbrella to your cousins who were lazy enough to bring their own. hehehe... Kidding!

Since we're drenched anyway, we decided to just continue walking. I noticed the streets were dressed like there's really a feast, with the "banderitas" and other decorations around. There's even a wide variety of food stores to choose from. Aside from the usual food stands, there's also Shakey's, Kenny Rogers and Tia Maria booths along the streets. Cool! =)

The rain finally stopped by the time we reached our relatives' grave. There were already a lot of flowers and candles on my lolo, lola and aunt's. My cousins lit up 3 more candles. We all had a moment of silence. I took the chance to remember everything about each of them and how they have made a difference in my life when they were still with us. Instead of crying, that moment gave me a feeling of gladness and gratitude. I couldn't thank God enough for allowing me to be with them even for just a while. I wouldn't be who I am now if not for all the lessons they've taught me. For all of us, I know, they will always be remembered.

After a while, some of our relatives started coming. It was also a great time just to see them once again. It's like a mini-reunion for us. We all took that chance to spend time with one another as we share stories, updates about each other's lives or just simply reminisce about the past. It's just wonderful!

We left the cemetery before it gets dark since papa and mama still have to travel back to Cavite, while I stayed at my cousin's house. My sister was not with us since she has work. Oh well, she's quite getting used to it - I mean, not being entitled to holidays since she's a media person now. hehe...

It was quite a tiring day for us and it seems the long weekend isn't that long afterall. Yep, it's back to work tomorrow so I better sleep early tonight. (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home