desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Sharing on goals, pizza, macaroni and "balut"

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Sharing on goals, pizza, macaroni and "balut"

I was assigned to lead our Saturday devotion before starting our rehearsals. This is my first time to do this since I joined the Music Ministry. Thanks to the pizza and macaroni salad that we ate before starting. That was enough to give me energy to talk for the next 30 minutes, at least.

I decided to share a topic which I heard when I attended the Wednesday service at Bread of Life (Greenbelt). It was actually the first preaching for the year on the said service. Good thing, I still have my notes (dated January 4).

I started by asking the guys and gals if they usually plan or set goals at the start of the year. I can't believe I received a "no" for an answer from ALL of them. Well at least they're honest enough. I appreciate that. =) So I guess I picked the right topic to share then. It's entitled "Maximizing 2006: How to make the most out of your new year".

I was glad that they all seemed to be interested with the topic as I began to discuss. I was even surprised at myself for talking almost spontaneously. I was just dumbfounded when Carlyn suddenly made a comment as I was enjoying the talk. She said, "Ang sarap naman magsalita ni ate Doths...", out of the blue. I stopped talking and gave her a confusing look and asked, "Huh? Anong ibig sabihin non?" The others also laughed and Carlyn just smiled at me without further explaining. Oh well I just asked, "So, anong lasa?" to tease her. We all laughed even more at that reply. hehehe...

Moving on, I encouraged them to make a list of their Faith Goals for this year and to pray for each item throughout the year. Finally, I told them to look back and see at the end of the year how many checks they'll have in that list. I'm sure they'd be surprised to see their plans taking place and their goals being achieved as God guides and strengthens them to do so.

I was happy to see enlightened faces at the end of our discussion. As Angie led the closing prayer she thanked the Lord for using me to share to the group that very important reminder. She said that it is indeed a very important learning for her, personally.

The rehearsals went well, though we ended a little late than usual since we have some new songs included in the line-up. Pastor Archie and Tita Susan arrived and brought us some "balut". Mark gave me one and said that we should eat it together at the count of three, including the "sisiw". Oh my! I told him I can't do that. But being the "makulit" brother that he is, he kept on insisting. But I just can't and won't eat that poor little thing! Thank Goodness, he finally gave up. =P

As usual, I slept at ate Lucille's house upon Kuya Aries' request. I know she feels sad being alone in the house for the entire week. At least she has someone to talk to even just for the weekend. (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home