desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Start of something new

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Start of something new

We had our first All-hands meeting with our new Technical Director this morning. It feels kinda weird not seeing Nicolas in front. But I guess we just really have to get used to it.

Anyway, our new boss, Mr. Dave Allan seems to be nice as well. We don't have a French, but a British for a boss this time. But just like Nicolas, he just wanted to be called by his first name. So Dave, that is. =)

Before Nicolas left last Decemeber, he made sure to give our annual performance evaluation, of course that is with the help of our team leads. Last week my team lead emailed me a copy of my performance evaluation. Surprised, happy and thankful are the words that I guess would describe how I felt as I read the email.

I'd like to share some of the comments written in my performance evaluation, not to brag about it because I know there are a lot others better than me. But just to share how God has been so good to me, especially in guiding me as I do the best I can in this work He has blessed me with.
Dorothy can work autonomously, requiring minimum supervision. Her previous QA experience and good organizational skill had enabled her to easily adapt and understand existing test documentations and develop her own test plans/cases. She had satisfactorily delivered all tasks assigned to her.

She works well with the team and never hesitates to extend some assistance to new team members. Despite her active participation in the Employee Relations Committee undertakings, she manages her time well.

She has resourcefully acquired the necessary information by reviewing existing documents and interviewing/discussing with peers or team leads or managers. She escalated concerns to immediate superior when necessary and continuously explored and suggested ideas to be able to work effectively and efficiently.

Primary Strengths: Can work with minimum supervision, Organized, Fast learner

Ever since I worked, I was never after any awards or recognitions just as long as I know I'm doing what is expected of me. But I must admit, it feels great when your efforts are acknowledged and appreciated. Indeed, God is good! I really thank Him for blessing me with kind superiors and cool team mates. =)

I'm also excited with what is in store for me (and for our team as well) this year. What makes me a little nervous though, are these words in the email as suggestions for improvement: "Develop potential management skills". Oh my...that would be really new for me. But I thank my superiors for their trust and for seeing this kind of potential in me.

Like what I always say, I'm a work in progress. There are still a lot of things for me to experience and learn. But as long as I know that God will always be by my side, I'm willing to go to new places and experience new things. Sounds exciting yet nerve-wracking. But then, that's all part of growing and eventually, becoming the best for God, just as He intended us to be. (",)

1 Comments:

  • I am sooo happy for you Sis. You deserve all the blessings God is showering you because you worked hard at every single one of them. I agree 100% with the evaluation ΓΌ specially the management skills part. Prepare yourself for more exciting things to come :D yey!!!!

    mwahness!
    Shaui

    By Blogger shaui, at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home