desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Welcome 2006!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Welcome 2006!

Last year has been a great year for me and I really thank the Lord for everything that He's done. I also had a wonderful time during the holidays as I spent it with my family, relatives and friends. Here are some of our holiday pics. =)

Christmas Eve

My cousins from Manila and Bicol joined us for Noche Buena. I was also happy to see my favorite nephew, Kiel. He missed his favorite tita and ninang, too. While waiting for midnight to strike, my cousins and I played "pinoy-henyo" (got it from Eat Bulaga). It was so much fun! Girls won over the guys. yey!


Christmas Day @ Church

It felt great to be singing some Christmas songs as we included them in our Praise and Worship line-up. My dad delivered a short but interesting Christmas message. We had lunch in Church together and later on took the chance to give gifts to one another.



Christmas Day @ Circle Island

My cousin, Bhing, gave us a treat at Circle Island. Didn't took a swim though, since the weather is quite cold. But my cousins surely enjoyed the place. So there, I volunteered to be the official photographer. =)



Christmas Day @ Baywalk

It's been more than a year since I last visited Baywalk. So when Angie asked me to come with them, I gave a resounding 'yes'. As expected, the traffic was quite heavy since there were also a lot of people going there. We parked the car in Luneta and walked from there going to Remedios. But we didn't notice the long walk because the sceneries and the Christmas celebration around kept us busy.



World Pyro Olympics

I had the chance to watch this event even for just a couple of days, though I've been wanting to have a complete attendance for the 5-day contest. I was able to see the fireworks entries of Germany, Korea, Russia and United Kingdom. But I missed Australia's presentation. My friend told me it was really the best. No wonder they won!

Unfortunately, my digicam isn't that hi-tech to capture all the wonderful effects. But I got some of them here. They were all so awesome! I've never seen anything like it before.



Encounter God Retreat

I consider it a great opportunity to be able to attend this retreat. I've realized and learned a lot from it. I was also thankful for my partner, Kaye. I know it wasn't just coincidence that we're assigned to one another. We were both surprised to know that we're of the same age and both involved in the Music Ministry as well as Kid's Sunday School. We had a great time with one another and also learned a lot from each other.

I thank the Lord for meeting me there and refreshing my soul once again. I believe it is also His way of preparing me for this coming year. It was truly a great blessing for me!



New Year Celebration

My cousins, nieces and nephews from Quezon province visited us in the afternoon of New Year's eve. I had fun playing with the kids. =) Again, my cousins from Manila spent New Year with us. Before midnight, we had a street party with our neighbors. At the strike of midnight, we thanked the Lord as we welcomed 2006 with much gladness and enthusiasm!


I'd like to share a quote that I got from the retreat. I find this one so appropriate as we start the year. It says, "It's wonderful to know that our God is not only a God of Second Chances, but He's a God of New Beginnings."

A Blessed 2006 to everyone!!! (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home