desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Singing in your native tongue

Friday, February 03, 2006

Singing in your native tongue

I've been listening to this CD which I got from my sis for almost the entire day. Most of the time, my playlist would include foreign Contemporary Christian or Praise & Worship music. It's not everyday that I could hear Filipino music of this theme. I don't know, but it just feels good to listen and sing songs to the Lord in your native language.

The CD is entitled "Harana sa Hari". It is the latest album from "Musikatha" which is inspired by the Filipino tradition of expressing love and adoration, that is through serenades.

Of course I already have my favorites. First in my list is the song "Sa 'Yo". I just love the lyrics and it also sounds so sweet. Second to that would be, "Iibigin Kitang Tunay". Next is, "Tanging Ikaw". As for the upbeat songs I go for, "Higit pa sa Buhay" which was performed by Brennan Espartinez of Pinoy Pop Superstar.

Let me share the lyrics of my favorite song in the album.

"SA’YO"

O Diyos
Sa 'Yong lahat ng pagsamba't luwalhati
Maging ang pinaka-mainam kong awit
Ay aawitin
Sa’Yo

O Diyos
Ang aking isipan ay pagharian Mo
At sa ’king puso ay hindi na maglaho
Tanging pag-ibig
Sa ‘Yo

Ano pa ba ang maihahandog ko
Liban sa buhay kong nanggaling sa 'Yo
Kung ano man sa sandaling ito'y tangan
At mga bagay na tinuring kong yaman
Ito'y hindi pa rin sapat
Sa alay na nararapat
Sa’Yo

If you like to listen to these songs, please feel free to download them HERE. I'm sure God would also love to hear you serenade Him. (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home