desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Personal Assistant

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Personal Assistant

My Holy Week vacation officially started today and that meant having the right to wake up a little late. (yey!) Had breakfast at around 9. Mom already left for the gym and sis was preparing to head to the mall. After breakfast, Dad asked me to help him do some cleaning. So it was a father-daughter bonding alongside the broom, rags and other cleaning stuff.

Played my “Point of Grace” CDs (which I haven’t listened to for a long time) while sweeping and mopping. It feels great to sing those songs once again and even groove to some of their up-beat music. “Sang like nobody’s listening and danced like nobody’s watching”, that’s exactly what I did. Hehe… Talk about multi-tasking! I didn’t even notice we’re done with the chores just before lunch. Our finished product? A whole new house! Shinning, shimmering, splendid! :D

I did my cleaning-assistant job fairly well. *wink, wink* Then, it’s time to accompany dad to the grocery. We picked mostly ingredients for pancit and vegetable salad. We’ll be having a little get-together tomorrow - my post-birthday celebration and a pre-birthday celebration for my sis. My sis and my cousins promised to bring the rest of the food for tomorrow’s event. (sweet!)

After being the best dad’s personal-assistant (hehe…), I rewarded myself with some afternoon relaxation. Thanks to Tabel for lending some DVDs for me to watch during the holidays. My first pick was “Moulin Rouge”. Believe it or not, I haven’t seen this movie yet. I find the song/dance numbers fascinating. Great casting, too. “Your Song” and “Come What May” instantly got added to my favorite songs list.

“Truth. Beauty. Freedom. Love. – The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.” I agree. Though the latter part doesn’t seem to happen all the time. But I believe one truly loves when he/she just loves the other person without expecting anything in return. I was just a bit sad that the movie didn’t have a happy ending. That somehow reminded me that part of loving is allowing yourself to be vulnerable. Hmmm…

Before calling it a day, I continued reading the book that Tina lent me, “Secrets Of The Vine” (by Bruce Wilkinson – the man who wrote the “Prayer of Jabez”). Hit the sack with a happy feeling that I somehow had a productive day. (“,)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home