desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Wednesdays w/ Sir Lem

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wednesdays w/ Sir Lem

It almost became automatic for me to report to work early and leave the office before 6pm during Wednesdays for the past 2 months. It's the worship leading class that made me busy during those days. And yes, it made my summer even more worthwhile as well.

The recital was held last week, just before we took our last session. There were quite a number who performed with their instruments (guitar, drums, piano, violin etc.) while those who studied voice rendered several songs. I was so glad to see my former sunday school student, Trisha performing with her guitar on stage. I could tell she would be a great guitarist soon. As for our class, we're not required to perform during the recital. It's voluntary. Good thing, there's one brave soul who volunteered - Vince. The rest of us cheered for him. His voice reminded me of a young Chris Daughtry (of American Idol). Needless to say, we're all so proud of his performance. He surely made Sir Lem proud as well. :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's a little sad that this class had to end so soon. I'll surely miss the ever punctual kuya Ronald and Ate Vicky (kahit sila ang pinaka-malayong destinasyon)...the jolly, Ate Armi...the elegant, Ate Carol...the husband-and-wife tandem of Kuya Greg and Ate Sarah...my ka-chickahan, Nez...my kasabay-sa-uwian buddies, Randy and August (actually chaperon ako ng mga kabataang ito at tagahatid sa sakayan since hindi sila familiar sa Ayala. hehe...)...the singer-by-heart, Vince and of course the great (not to mention, makulit) professor, Sir Lem.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I would always be reminded of Sir Lem's outstanding talent and sincere humility. Surely he has already performed in many countries and acclaimed as one of the best Tenor in the country, being a part of the group "3 Tenors and a Soprano" (with Nolyn Cabahug, Ramon Acoymo and Rachelle Gerodias). But inspite of all his credentials and achievements, we saw a humble man with a great passion to serve the Lord by sharing his talents and knowledge in music. I was brimming with gladness when I had the chance to sing with him even for just a while. It was one of my memorable moments in this class.

I must admit, I feel so inconfident at first. That's probably one of the reasons why I enrolled in this class. Sir Lem has truly inspired and encouraged me to serve God with this gift. I will never forget his words that indeed gave me the much needed confidence. The wisdom he imparted will definitely guide me as I continue to tread on this path. And I will take in this journey those memories of our Wednesday sessions with Sir Lem and the rest of the cool worship leaders. (",)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home