desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Friday night stop-overs

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Friday night stop-overs

It was quite a relaxing Friday night compared to the previous busy Fridays I had a couple of months back.

First stop was at school. 6pm. "All We Need" - the concert was staged at WWCF's sanctuary. Various music students and faculty members graced the event. This was still in celebration of our Foundation week. I was really glad that my guests accepted my invitation in spite of their busy schedules. :D Thanks to Tabel, Tines, Ron and to my cousin Bhing who all watched the concert with me. Hopefully, they enjoyed the concert as well.

My favorite parts are the: (1) opening dance number (2) themesong of the koreanovela "Stairway to Heaven", sung by a korean girl (3) Sir Lem's rendition of the folk song "Katakataka" (we really enjoyed this!) (4) "Isang Lahi, Isang Dugo, Isang Musika" also sung by Sir Lem (great tenor voice! we all had goosebumps...) (5) Ate Mary Rose's version of "I Need You" by LeAnn Rimes (really powerful voice!) (6) Inspirational talk ("All We Need is... Love") (7) "Amazing Love" as sung by Sir Lem (8) and the finale number, Earth, Wind and Fire's "September"... We left the concert having this LSS! "Ba de ya - say do you remember...Ba de ya - dancing in September..." (hehehe...) I forgot to take pictures, though. (ooopps...sorry)

Next stop was at Baywalk. 8:30pm. Bhing and I took a cab going to Max's restaurant where we'll be meeting Kuya Aris, Ate Lucielle, Ate Olive, Mark, Carlyn and my sis. We had a sumptuous dinner while enjoying each other's stories. Special Thanks to kuya Aris and Ate Lucielle for the treat! :D

We strolled by the bay to look for a resto where we could listen to some good music. I was not sure whose choice it was but I just noticed that we stopped at a resto named "Kapalua", and we even occupied the table in front of the stage. I wasn't so comfortable being in that spot. But I guess it was Mark who really didn't enjoyed much of our stay there, especially when this gay performer started coming near our table. You should have seen the weird look on his face. We we're all laughing at him. hehehe... Sorry, I wasn't able to take his picture. Music was ok though not spectacular. We just ordered drinks and pica-pica which tasted ok as well. I just don't know about their main courses.


We bid each other goodbye at around 1 a.m. (The kids are getting sleepy already) They all travelled back to Cavite, while my sister and I slept at our cousin's place. It was a fun night for all of us. But I'm guessing, Mark will volunteer to choose the venue next time so as not to endanger himself again. hehehe... (",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home