desc Walking in Fields of Grace: good buys :)

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

good buys :)

I took advantage of the Clearance Book Sale from our school's Foundation week celebration. Actually, I still have a lot of books queued to be read, but I just can't let this opportunity pass. hehehe... So there, I got myself several new books to add to my shelf. Hopefully I could read them during the upcoming sembreak. :)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Bible (New Living Translation) - got this for just Php 150.00. Perhaps it is being sold for more than 300 bucks in the bookstores. At last, I was able to replace my almost tattered small NIV Bible which I bought 6 years ago from the first ever salary I received. It wasn't easy to replace because of its sentimental value. hehehe... Anyway, I still use it sometimes even if I have this new one.

In the Presence of My Enemies (by Gracia Burnham) - this hardbound copy is originally sold at Php 300.00, but I bought it for just 100 bucks! Yes, I've been wanting to buy this book last year but you see, it pays to wait. hehehe... Now I can read more about this touching story of the American missionaries Martin and Gracia, who were held hostage by the Abu Sayyaf, how this tragedy affected their relationship with each other and with God and how they came out victorious in spite of it all (even in spite of Martin's death).

Smart Guide to Managing Personal Finance - the cheapest one I bought. Got it for just Php 50.00, but when I checked Amazon, it is worth around $19. cool! Well, I think I need this book to help me in the aspects of budgeting and saving, all part of being a good steward of God's blessings.

(",)

2 Comments:

  • hmm.. gusto rin ng new living translation na bible... pede pa ba bumili? :)

    By Blogger ja!, at 9:06 AM  

  • naku jaja, one week lang yung booksale sa school e. soweee.. hayaan mo, i'll let you know kapag meron ulit. :D

    By Blogger Doths, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home