desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Youth Quake: Captured by His Calling

Monday, February 26, 2007

Youth Quake: Captured by His Calling

Saturday, February 24
Word International Ministries - Pasig
Cinema 8 Ever Gotesco Mall, Ortigas Ave. Extension

After much preparation, follow-ups, hindrances, encouragements, prayer and fasting, we've finally held the much awaited Youth convergence which will jumpstart the rest of the activities this year. And so, even if I already lack sleep from the previous busy days at work, plus the fact that we attended the wake of our beloved tita Rose Friday night, I travelled sooo early in the morning of Saturday with Ate Olive, Elaine, Nicole, Nimfa, Mark, James and Gelo all the way to Pasig.

I find it a blessing to be in-charge of the Registration commitee. Why? It's because I have the greatest opportunity to welcome and meet every young person coming from different Word International churches, from as far North as Tarlac and Pampanga, to the different parts of Metro Manila and even all the way to Cavite and Laguna in the South. Isn't that great?! :D I'm truly glad to be a part of this event, even if that meant a lot of late night meetings and numerous emails spamming your inbox. hehehe... It was worth all the effort and sacrifices, just seeing the young people come and learn more about the Lord.

Let me share some pics from last Saturday's event called "Youth Quake: Captured by His Calling", held in our church at Pasig. :)


at the registration area w/ Ptr. Super and Kuya Ariel :)

the cool pastors of WIN :D

Pastor Super's welcome remarks

the "tsunami"! icebreaker :D

"moo", "quack", "meow", "aw-aw", where's my animal family? :D

Apple leading the praise and worship

"Called to follow Christ. Called to be a leader. Called to make a difference." - Ptr. Joseph Samson

group discussions :)

Perio-dikit! :D

nice finish product! :D

havin' lunch!

"One family, One Vision, One God" - Pastor Reiner

the youth...captured by God's calling

cheers! :D

hehehe...:D

The event ended at around 4pm, and after some more chit-chats we commuted going back to Cavite. I wasn't already feeling well that time. I could feel my head throbbing and aching at the same time. I was trying to sleep while riding the bus going to Robinson's Galleria, but all the headache and dizziness got the best of me and so (excuse me for this but...) I puked along the sidewalk the moment we got off the bus at Edsa. Unfortunately, that happened 4 more times until we reached the shuttle terminal at Glorietta. huhuhu... yeah, it was that embarrassing. :( Good thing, my sister was resourceful enough to have plastic bags with her.

I was supposed to be the big sister to all of us, but that time it was the other way around. So I just want to take this opportunity to thank... James, for being so quick enough in handing me his towel the moment he saw me puke..(don't worry bro, lalabahan ko po with maraming fabric softener na mabango. hehe..) ...Gelo, for volunteering to carry my heavy bag ...Mark, for offering his arms and walked me going to the terminal ...Nimfa and Nicole, for patiently accompanying me on the sidewalks, ...Ate Olive, for being the always reliable "ate", and to my sis Elaine for taking care of me until we reached home. whew! Thank you so much and I love you all brothers and sisters! :D


Apparently, I was terribly exhausted... but like what I always say, every ounce of effort was all worth it! And besides, God is faithful to renew our strength such that we can soar once again on wings like eagles!

God gets all the glory for the success of the Youth Quake!!!

(",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home