desc Walking in Fields of Grace: G7 Youth Retreat

Thursday, August 23, 2007

G7 Youth Retreat

August 19-20
Event: 1st Youth Retreat in preparation for G7
Hosted by: Word International Ministries - Alabang
Participated by: 150 dedicated young people (from as far north as Tarlac to down south as Bicol)


As promised, here's my post about our recently concluded Youth Retreat. We only had about 2 weeks preparation for this event but God once again proved Himself faithful. Everything went smooth and everybody had fun and went home definitely refreshed!

I would just like to highlight my most considered memorable moments:

Registration

I don't know what happened to my co-core group members. I arrived at the venue 15 minutes before the call time since I'm part of the Registration committee. The guys and gals from Manila and Binangonan were already there (early birds!) It's such a joy to see my bro's and sistahs from Manila. I felt like a celebrity upon entering the room. hahaha! They've probably missed me that much. I surely missed them too. I kinda feel old though, seeing my previous sunday school students now part of the Youth ministry. whew! how time flies! :D

I texted the other members of the Reg committee and apparently, they are still on their way. hmmm... so I'm a one-man-team until they arrived at almost 5pm. Good thing, Jaja, Paul and Dang volunteered to help me handle the registration. Love you guys! You're the best! :D Jaja even helped me with the logistics and treasury. Thanks sis! ;)

Logistics/Treasurer/Marshall role

Had to be responisble for the head count of the delegates of each church. Food distribution was automatically part of this task as well. Also handled the retreat fee. waah! This really made me quite nervous. I had to bring the collected money wherever I go. Additional task of being a marshall was called for by Pastor Super. It's such a tough job to handle the security of these young people. Good thing, they've never been a problem to us. They love the Lord that much. :)

Bedtime/Bonding moments

The girls all slept in one big room. While the guys took their place at the sanctuary. Since there were a lot of us and quite a few shower rooms only, I was one of those who took a bath at 1 in the morning! :D cool! Quite tired for our 1st day events, I slept with my hair still damp.

Though busy with the tasks assigned on me, I'm glad to still have several time to bond, chat and laugh with the rest of the young people while eating, playing, during devotions, while taking the VTRs, and even at bedtime. It was so much fun! :)

Altar Call/Annointing

This was actually not in the programme we have set. But Pastor Super felt the Holy Spirit leading him to do this after the talk he gave. He called for us, the core group members to come in front. All the while, I thought he would annoint each of us with oil. But instead of laying his hand on our heads, he asked us to open our palms, then he poured oil on them.

I didn't know what that meant at first, then it suddenly hit me. He wanted us to be the one to annoint each youth present there, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ! Oh my! I couldn't believe he just asked us to do that. Honestly, I didn't think I'm worthy to take such responsibility. But as I lifted my hand to the Lord, while tears endlessly ran down my face, I surrendered all that I am to Him and asked Him to use me in whatever way He pleases. How amazing it was, that I felt His love just covering every part of me. I know it was the same love that He poured on me, which I gave to every young person, as I lay my hand and prayed for each of them.

I can't describe how I felt as I was praying for the young people. Words of blessing and annointing just seem to flow automatically from my lips. Whenever I open my eyes, I would see that young person I'm praying for sobbing hardly, hands raised as a gesture of complete surrender to God.

I thank the Lord for using me at that moment. It was definitely an experience that I shall never forget.


Pictures! Pictures! :)

Special thanks to Dan for dropping by just to give me copy of these photos. Thanks bro! :) So here, take a peek at some of our captured retreat moments... enjoy! :D


Registration starts here :)

the cool core group =)


praise and worship time led by Alabang Youth



welcoming each one - i'm with ate olive, meyor & jowee


"Seryoso muna tayo..."


Ela and her small group

it's Pastor Mark talking...

Dan and his cheerful small group members =)

Seryoso talaga sina kuya Pete :D

teacher Jaja and her attentive group

the Imus guys led by Jason

the twin brothers and choreographers Joel and Jez with the dancers group

Director Pastor Super with the actors and actresses


Musical director Mark with the singers and band members

Elaine with the production staff


"Kuuuuliiiiitan time!!!" :P


cheers from the Imus guys and gals! :D

the youth of Manila and Cavite City =)

"Paint-me-a-picture" - ano ginagawa ni Deb? hehehe...

"Paint-me-a-picture" - Lance, 10pm pa lights-off natin! haha! :P

"Paint-me-a-picture" - Meyor ala Moses parting the Red Sea :P

"Paint-me-a-picture" - Cale, bagay sayo maging baby sa manger ah! hehehe...

Oooopps, 'wag nyo siksikin si kuya A! Wala kayong prize sige! :P

Jason, Dan, Elaine - teka, diba kayo ang production staff? sana hindi nyo inaagawan ng role mga artists natin hehehe.. :P

Ayan, nakisali pa si Sophie. hahaha... talaga naman :P

"ganito kami matulog" - WIN Binangonan :P

scripted ito. hahaha...:P

girls, anong nangyari sa inyo? baka mahipan kayo ng hangin nyan... :D

"ganito naman kami kumain" - WIN GMA :P

Dan, Cale, JM w/ Mr. Monkey - epekto ba ito ng retreat??? hahaha! :P


"Bonding moments..."


"we're all in this together...for God's glory!"

class picture, picture! :)

huling hirit bago umuwi :)

Wow! Praise God for the success of the Youth Retreat! We're all set to go and do our best for G7.
Our hearts and minds say, "Yes, Lord. Here we are, send us!"

(",)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home