desc Walking in Fields of Grace: Passion World Tour - Manila!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Passion World Tour - Manila!

August 1, 2008
PhilSports Arena (ULTRA)

Few days before the concert, Dan asked me if we could watch the Passion concert. I told him I would really love to, but I just wasn't sure if we could still get tickets because they're really selling like hotcakes! And there were really many people (like us) who wanted to experience this once in a lifetime Passion World Tour. I also never got the chance to pass by any House of Praise outlets to inquire, but I guess heaven has heard our plea. :) Got a text message from Deb and she said she still have some extra tickets for the concert. yahuuuu! So I immediately informed Dan about the good news and he called Deb right away to reserve 2 tickets for us. :) cool!

Concert day came and it's still quite rainy around the metro. I already told kuya Bob and Ayi to reserve seats for us since they will be arriving early at the venue. Good thing they did, because it was quite an adventure for me and Dan to get there. Our work scheds, the weather, the traffic, the hot-tempered fx driver, the choosy taxi drivers, the long queue at the jeepney terminal and several other hindrances made our travel from Makati going to ULTRA quite like an Amazing Race! Concert started on time (7:30pm) but we're still in Makati at around 8pm. waaaaah! Kuya Bob kept on texting us asking our whereabouts. I kept on asking him if we already missed a lot - and if my fave Chris Tomlin song "Indescribable" has already been sung. He told me it wasn't played yet. whew! twas a relief! :D We finally arrived at around 8:30 and met with kuya Bob and Ayi. I looked around the venue, and even if it was dim, I sensed that the arena was jam-packed with people! It was Kristian Stanfill singing beautifully when we arrived. :)

I was a little worried about the time because I still have to attend my uncle's wake afterwards. But I told myself to just be still in God's presence and to allow myself to be ministered. And that's really what happened. Pastor Louie's message especially when he shared about Ashley's diary really struck me and left me crying. I was once again reminded how precious life is and how many people around me needed to know Jesus and accept Him as Lord and Savior. And just like the life story of Ashley as told in her diary, and how her life was changed because there was a "fruitcake" (as what she calls her room mate, Christa) who shared to her about God's love, I was challenged as well to be a "fruitcake" in the "Ashleys" around me, while there's still time.

Tears kept flowing even as Chris Tomlin sang "Amazing Grace" and "God of the City". I believe there's still hope for our cities and for our country as a whole, if we will just acknowledge and let God be God in our lives. And finally, the song that I've been waiting for all night - Indescribable - got me worshipping God all the more. It was really awesome to hear Chris Tomlin sing it live! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. :) All praises to God Who has truly made the concert victorious! I know many lives have been touched and changed by what we have seen and heard. We left the venue with our hearts still singing "How Great is our God!" :)

Let me take this opportunity as well to send all our love and thanksgiving to our brothers and sisters in London who supported this Passion-Manila concert with their prayers and finances. Because of your love and support, more than 8,000 souls have heard God's message through the Passion concert!!! God bless you more and more! :D Click below to see and hear them cheering for Manila! :)



For us here in the Philippines, we too had the chance to "pay it forward" by praying and giving our financial support for Passion's concert in Malaysia (last Aug 3). We all wore our concert bracelets until Sunday to remind us to pray for our brothers and sisters in Malaysia. And the other day, I just found out that there were about 4,000 souls who experienced the Passion's concert in Malaysia just like we do. God's is truly amazing! :D

Here are some photos (from Dan and kuya Bob) and video (from YouTube) taken from the concert @ ULTRA last Friday. :D







For more photos and write-up about Passion's "Thrilla in Manila", please visit: http://268generation.com/blog/2008/08/the-thrilla-in-manila/#comments

You may also browse their blog site to learn more about Passion's concert in London and Malaysia. :)

To the Passion Team, thank you for sharing God's message and your beautiful music with us. May God continue to bless and empower you more and more as you make Jesus Name famous!!!

(",)

4 Comments:

  • Thank you so much for posting this. I'm a Filipina living on Maui and I love the passion Tours - making young people on fire for God! Praise Jesus. God bless you.

    By Blogger Liza on Maui, at 12:46 AM  

  • I can never ever forget all the miracles GOD lead us to experience this concert!!! I am so crazy in Love w/ my Savoir and my GOD! JESUS!!! had a great time w/ this amazing race experience! Godbless best -- Dan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 PM  

  • Hi Liza :) thanks for dropping by my blog and for your comments as well. May you continue to touch more lives there in Maui as well as thru your blogsites. God bless you! :)

    ei Best! :) hehehee... salamat sa comments. Basta next time na may concert wag na tayo magpapa late k? :D May you stay deeply in love with Jesus! see yah around! :D

    By Blogger Doths, at 5:43 PM  

  • This is a very pleasant and an auspicious event with all the dazzling stars performances and all the pretty faces which are the main excitement of the event as well.

    Moreover, you must visit Virginia, The Shenandoah Valley where you must see the very marvelous destination to visit Wood Ruff Inns Resorts. It is the best place to spend your vacations, honey moons and special holidays.

    By Anonymous virginia bed and breakfast, at 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home